Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: How to create and/or burn a Dreamcast disc in 5 minutes

I'm not sure that CDRecord will accept any other audio format other than wav so make sure you're not giving it mp3s or ogg formated files.

I forgot to mention that when you create your ISO you need to insert the IP.BIN in the bootsector. It's as simple as doing -G IP.BIN for mkisofs.

Burn audio:
    cdrecord dev=x,x,x speed=4 -multi -audio track1.wav track2.wav etc
    Get the multisession information next:
    cdrecord dev=x,x,x -msinfo
    Create your ISO:
    mkisofs -C x,x -R -J -l -G IP.BIN -o data.iso data
    Burn the ISO:
    cdrecord -dev=x,x,x speed=4 -eject -xa1 data.iso
    That should do the trick.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    The World Of Owen Rubin
    Atari Coinop Game Programmer #4
    http://www.orubin.com/

DCEmu Newbie

Angry Help!!!

I have used every program to try to burn dreamcast games onto cds but nothing seems to work. I have looked at every guide and followed all the instructions and have only got 1 disk to work, and that was some NES emulator that didn't have any games on it because I didn't know how to put games on it, plus I didn't even want that. Please can someone give me a full picture tutorial on the steps I need to take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mas52292 View Post
    I have used every program to try to burn dreamcast games onto cds but nothing seems to work. I have looked at every guide and followed all the instructions and have only got 1 disk to work, and that was some NES emulator that didn't have any games on it because I didn't know how to put games on it, plus I didn't even want that. Please can someone give me a full picture tutorial on the steps I need to take.
    use Alcohol120%

DCEmu Newbie

Angry

i have used that, didn't i say every program

Dreamcast User

How fast have you burned?
    Max. is 12x or something like that for Dreamcast games.
    Here is an instruction (sorry no pictures):
    http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/commu...opic.php?t=797

DCEmu Newbie

Would this method work for MAME4All ?

It should.

Quote Originally Posted by mas52292 View Post
    To be completely honest, some CD/DVD burners just wont burn a bootable Dreamcast disc no matter what program or speed you burn them at.

I had a external Fire-Wire DVD burner that would burn Gamecube, XBOX, PS2, Saturn, and PSone discs perfect everytime but it would REFUSE to burn a working DC disc. The closest I got to getting it to work was that I got a rip of Guilty Gear to boot up and play but there was no BGM/CDDA. Hardly successful in my book. I would advise that maybe you look into updating your burner. I can verify that the Pioneer 111D (one of the recommended burners for xbox 360 games) has no issues burning 100% working DC discs.

BTW, does anyone know if the dreamcast will recognize 800MB CDRs? I found a rip of Shenmue II that has the Japanese Voice file intact, but the image is about 800MB in Alcohol 120% format (MDS, MFD).

TIA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by logicbomb.de View Post
    The closest I got to getting it to work was that I got a rip of Guilty Gear to boot up and play but there was no BGM/CDDA. Hardly successful in my book.
    That is no proove of anything. Rips aren't perfect copies of a game, the Dreamcast pirate scene is known for releasing images of Dreamcast games that do miss the CDDA or have low quality BGM/cutscenes, either because the game's data wouldn't fit on a 80min CDR or just to save bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by logicbomb.de View Post
    BTW, does anyone know if the dreamcast will recognize 800MB CDRs? I found a rip of Shenmue II that has the Japanese Voice file intact, but the image is about 800MB in Alcohol 120% format (MDS, MFD).
    Dreamcast images above 700MByte will fit on a standard 700MByte CDR. Still, I got no idea if said Shenmue II rip will work on your Dreamcast.
    That said, DCEmu UK does not allow discussions of illegally obtained software - and trust me, it's a very good idea to just buy the original game.

Thread Information