Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Tutorial: How to create and/or burn a Dreamcast disc in 5 minutes

DCEmu Newbie

sorry to noob it up in this thread but since there are already 8 pages of it, i figured i'd jump in. So I've followed your guide and most of my backups are in .cdi so I burn them in bootdreams with the cdi record. I thought they were self-booting but when I put them in the dreamcast (i have it set to not autorun gdroms) and click play at the dashboard, it isn't recognizing any of my games. says please put a cd in the drive. so i burned the utopia cd loader 1.1. the dreamcast played it. i have a screen with a reindeer turning around and around. so i suppose my burning is fine. but i put one of these burnt games in, and the reindeer gets choppy as the dc tries to run the disc, but the games never loads. eventually the drive spins down and the reindeer goes back to normal, as if the operation timed out. its the same with the bootloader 1.2 disc. i tried running one of the boot discs form a boot disc, thinking well since they runn it should boot to them, and it doesn't. then i tried booting a retail shenmue disc 1 from the boot discs and it makes the reindeer choppy forever; never times out.
    i figured someone with experience in dc modding would be able to tell me whats going on and some idea of what to do. my dreamcast is from launch day 9/9/99. it seems to run retail games perfectly, although if they are the least bit dirty it can freeze up or not recognize the disc to begin with.

I've followed your guide and most of my backups are in .cdi so I burn them in bootdreams with the cdi record.
    There's two things wrong with that sentance. One is backups, but I'm not gonna go on why it's wrong. It's a rule, and they're not meant to be broken. The second thing is that you're using BootDreams to burn them. Sure, some CDIs work but not all. It doesn't support CDIs with CDDA. If you were using the latest version, you'd see that BootDreams detects any unsupported image.

If you ever have problems buring CDI images, use Alcohol 120%. Or if you're more advanced with command prompt use CDIRIP and CDRECORD.

DCEmu Newbie

well the bootdreams i have simply opens a command prompt and uses cdrecord.exe. and im not sure if you're referring to the backups having not been backed up by me even though i own these retail games or did until i lost them. or if you're suggesting that backups is bad grammar in a sentence where you type the word "sentance" that doesnt exist, or if there's something else wrong with it haha. anyway i guess i could try nero or look for cdirip.
    thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

sorry dont know why i said nero i meant alcohol.
    also cdirip was included with bootdreams. and its for making cdis. my files are in cdis already. how does that help

I am not sure if this was mentions already but are there any preference to Media Brands that are the best to use for the DC?

Not really - I buy mine from Costco. Which are TDK, by the way.

I stay away from Memorex when I can.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information