Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 may be a fighting game linked to an anime license, but Tomy is keeping it competitive. By that I mean, developing the game for competitive fighting fans first.

Tomy gave me a look at how players can balance fights. You can adjust life, chakra recovery rate, and seemingly little details like toggling invincibility while side stepping. Players can even set matches so a rival has to land a special attack to win a fight. Think of these as a lite version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix’s dip switches. Settings can be configured for offline and online matches. That’s right Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 has online play and Eighting is developing online code. Hmm… I wonder what other Wii game could benefit from that.

Details about the online mode are still in the shadows. Right now it supports two players and has two settings. Friend mode lets you challenge a friend. Rival mode searches for rivals without the need for friend codes.

Eighting is also changing the move sets for existing characters so this game won’t be exactly like EX1. For instance, Deidara has a unique throw where he plants a bomb on his opponent’s face. All characters also have two new getting up moves. You can either do a rising attack and hit a player trying to squeeze in an extra hit or teleport to safety. All of the enhancements like character swapping and hand signs from Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 will be in this game too.

I asked about the 30+ characters number and the only thing Tomy could confirm is the game covers the Rescue Gaara arc. It might go beyond that, it might not. They also said this game will have surprises in the roster.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 introduced Gaara’s teacher, Baki, and a slew of made for the game ninja. Which characters can Tomy add to this game? Chiyo? Characters from the Kakashi Gaiden manga?

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/06/16...-lite-options/