Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

DCEmu Regular

Default Re: Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

like i said, i don't think money has anything to do with it.
    I think it's a smart business move by sega to just sit this one out.
    and like I said, sega will be back...just you wait

[quote author=guymelef link=board=news;num=1088473728;start=15#20 date=06/29/04 at 22:33:26]like i said, i don't think money has anything to do with it.
    I think it's a smart business move by sega to just sit this one out.
    and like I said, sega will be back...just you wait[/quote]

I agree with that 100%. A lot of people thought Sega was down for the count after the Genesis/Megadrive ended production. Nobody ever expected Sega to unleash the Dreamcast on us five or ten years later. We will see Sega make at least one more resurgence in the next decade or so.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Of course they will come back! The videogame industry is worth around 10 billion dolars! SEGA just needs to find the right allies and I think no company will be stupid enough to not ally itself with SEGA. SEGA has the experiece, the others have new views and/or money. As simple as that.

Anyway, it seems that in the SEGA main board people finally decided the name should not be DC2/Dreamcast 2, but Neo Dream, where people would then say ND aka Dreamcast 2. More, the design should also come back to the old black fashion. Or that is the opinion of most people.

I think one good think we could do now is to post all the ideas we could regarding a way to DC2/Neo Dream not fail in the western market.

Oh and 1timeuser, DC1 used 1,2GB disks called GD-ROMs, not CDs of 650MB. If you don't know or realize that, that means you are one of those that never bought an original game and that is disgusting, for it shows no respect or support for the machine we all love.

[quote author=Saoshyant link=board=news;num=1088473728;start=15#22 date=06/30/04 at 07:38:15]

Oh and 1timeuser, DC1 used 1,2GB disks called GD-ROMs, not CDs of 650MB. If you don't know or realize that, that means you are one of those that never bought an original game and that is disgusting, for it shows no respect or support for the machine we all love.[/quote]

I own at least 30 DC games, i just didnt realize about the whole gdrom thing. I figured by gdrom it was some kind of driver like with the xbox how it spins dvd's backwards. Please dont put words in my mouth. Sorry if i offended or confused anyone.

You should all also know, the specs i have been posting are just what i think a great, cheap and yet effeciant machine should look like. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas to make it cheap and yet able to compete with modern systems. Also we should concider that THE NEXT GENERATION OF SYSTEMS IS ALMOST APON US! so if they were to have a new dc, or neo dream (which in my opinion sounds like a gay rally or parade) it would have to be able to compete with the next generation. We probably will look at mainstream ghz processors, lots of ram, stunning video and sound, not to mention cool features that will make it differant from any other system.

Once again, sorry about the gdrom thing, i just misunderstood. even so 1.2 gb's still probably wont be enough for a new disk media for the next console.

Dream Coder

[quote author=1timeuser link=board=news;num=1088473728;start=15#24 date=06/30/04 at 07:53:36]

Once again, sorry about the gdrom thing, i just misunderstood. even so 1.2 gb's still probably wont be enough for a new disk media for the next console.[/quote]

GC discs are almost exactly same cpacity as GD-Roms. All that matters is how good the developers are at saving space. Have you seen the 96kb Quake3 clone?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

No problem 1timeuser but the way you talked it looked like it. Anyway, people like those that say I support the machine but never buy any game freak me out of disgust.

I was the first or one of the first to mention the DVD-drive, of course it can't be just GD-ROM, but for the people that don't know it it's also the platform used together in the Naomi 2 arcade boards.

96kb Quake3 clone? Please, that can't exist. Not even by compressing a lot of data it would ever go to that. However if you told 96MB I could believe it. Anyhow I'd like to see that. As a writer I see that only by writing a chapter of a book the text-only file would be almost 90kb, so how the heck can it ever be a bootleg game?

Dream Coder

if i say it exists it exists buddy. why would i lie?

http://www.theprodukkt.com/kkrieger.html#dload

there it is. it is only one map, but the point is that it is a full engine, 5 weapons and a bunch of different enemies. sound, textures and awsome lighting effects. Look at the specs and note it takes a long time to load if your computer is slow.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Awesome indeed, unless it's not true. I have a Pentium 4 1700 MHz but couldn't put it to work. Maybe it's WinXP... Anyway, it should really be amazing because I haven't even seen viruses so small, much less a 3d game!

Anyway if this is true accept my apologizes quzar. Getting to the point, you can be sure developers wouldn't be stupid to release things like Puzzle Boblle in an entire and expensive DVD. So, I believe the new system should support also the less expensive GD-ROMs as an alternative to smaller games; it wouldn't require much changes of the firmware anyway.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information