Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

Default Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

I'm tired of this and instead of trying to start the same topic here on dcemu.co.uk's board I hope you'll follow the link below and help solve this situation once and for all, because we people need to stick together and show SEGA we really want Dreamcast 2.

http://boards.sega.com/sega/viewtopic.php?t=13986

Dream Coder

Default Re: Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

The person on that site is right, the one you were arguing with that is. Sorry to break it to you, but petitions are mostly for when it is the company's choice to not release something when they could. In this case though Sega pretty much cant afford to release another console. Think about it. That is what people said after the saturn and then the dreamcast came out. As soon as it is possible for them to get out some new hardware they will.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

i am sure that sega could make a new system. but why would they?
    the console war is at an all time high. in the past there were always more then 1 or 2 companies make consoles and games, but never before (imo) has there been such a market share war. I don't care about sony being the highest selling. the next gen will be upon us soon, and who knows what's going to happen. for once nintendo is going to try and get the jump on everybody(supposedly, but the big N is known for pushing back release dates). Microsoft is on the programmers side, and by that i mean that they have a platform that could port virtually any game as long as they put a 2gig(approx.) processor in it. Sony is going into the next generation with the largest amount of 3rd party software. then there is still the Phantom(which I don't expect a whole lot from, but it should still be interesting). as far a originality I think that the N. will be at the top of the list followed by the phantom. but raw power is definitely always going to go to microsoft. sony has to split the difference without losing fan base. then we have to wait and see if the handheld community will take away market share from the consoles(people only have so much money to spend on vdogames). I don't think that we have seen the last from sega. but they need to make sure that they are putting all there knowledge to use in their software liscensing. either/or/and producing and distributing games and making there own NEW original titles as well as continuing their near endless list of past favorite i e sonic, PSO, stuff like that.

DCEmu Regular

Sega is just relaxing, licking it's wounds and regrouping. they will be back as long as their games keep selling(gotta keep the company going). personally I would like to see some new money in SEGA. you know a buy out or a merger. *wouldn't it be wierd if sega and microsoft got together?

maybe the Xscape or DreamBox. watta ya think?

(yes I know about the WinCE kernal in the DC)

If SEGA make a new console, they won't target the mass public.
    I think a well done and low cost console for SEGA and arcade fans should be great.

An extended DC (same kind of architecture with a recent video card and more powerfull CPU, a standard DVD-ROM) at 80€ with few new games each month should find a public. A low cost game SDK (open as GP32 ?) should be also nice for small companies.

[quote author=JMD link=board=news;num=1088473728;start=0#4 date=06/29/04 at 02:21:04]If SEGA make a new console, they won't target the mass public.
    I think a well done and low cost console for SEGA and arcade fans should be great.

An extended DC (same kind of architecture with a recent video card and more powerfull CPU, a standard DVD-ROM) at 80€ with few new games each month should find a public. *A low cost game SDK (open as GP32 ?) should be also nice for small companies.[/quote]

Yeah, if I'd like to have another console than a DC compatible type of system. Everything else would be not worth for me to buy it since it would kill the DC scene...

Dream Coder

[quote author=guymelef link=board=news;num=1088473728;start=0#3 date=06/28/04 at 23:08:37]Sega is just relaxing, licking it's wounds and regrouping. they will be back as long as their games keep selling(gotta keep the company going). personally I would like to see some new money in SEGA. you know a buy out or a merger. *wouldn't it be wierd if sega and microsoft got together?

maybe the Xscape or DreamBox. watta ya think?

(yes I know about the WinCE kernal in the DC)[/quote]

Apparently you dont know, because there is no WinCE kernal in the DC. People think that just because the little logo says WinCE compatible (or on some "developed for WinCE") but there is nothing IN the DC having to do with windows, its all in the software.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

But that's exactly what I'm saying, JMD! A Dreamcast 2 should only be an extended DC, or else I wouldn't call it DC2, but a new SEGA system. WIth Sammy on their side they have money now, so people stop saying they haven't. Imagine a SEGA employee was reading this or the other post? Seeing so much negative feedback, s/he would tell SEGA "It's not worth it. They don't believe us."

Dream Coder

[quote author=JMD link=board=news;num=1088473728;start=0#4 date=06/29/04 at 02:21:04]If SEGA make a new console, they won't target the mass public.

An extended DC (same kind of architecture with a recent video card and more powerfull CPU, a standard DVD-ROM) at 80€ with few new games each month should find a public. *A low cost game SDK (open as GP32 ?) should be also nice for small companies.

[/quote]

Even the same hardware, with faster busses and rams and more ram would be immensely more powerful, especially if it had bundled broadband and DVD.

That would be sweet. I think it would be kind of cool to see some sort of add-on for the DC, in the same vein as the 32x and the SegaCD, but better. Of course, that would never happen, because the Genesis was still commercially viable when those were released. It would be silly for Sega to release add-ons for a console that is no longer being manufactured.

It would be kind of nice to see a new Dreamcast, but I guarantee that it wouldn't have the ability to read the CD-R's that our current DC's can. It would have to be modded in order to use homebrew on it.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information