Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little Tryptonite news

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default A little Tryptonite news

Dan Potter has posted in this ]topic about Tryptonite, the game they are currently working on[br][br][i]....I can give a few more interesting tidbits of info. [br][br]One is that there is going to be a music tie-in in Tryptonite. This won't be to the extent of e.g. FoF, but music will play a part in the visuals. Think WinAMP visualizer as a game. It's a bit abstract. This is incidentally why it's taking us so long to find the exact right look (and why there are no screen shots still) but we're determined that people be impressed or we failed! [br][br]I may or may not have mentioned all this stuff before, but our 3D engine (exists and fully working, just waiting for a bit more optimization) does full-color light source shading, fake phong highlights, and environment mapping. Lighting is omni right now, but I am planning to put directional lights as well. You guys will have proof of these claims some time soon... It's been heavily optimized to take advantage of the DC's abilities (like the hardware matrix and dot-product ops). We're planning to make use of all of that in Tryptonite and any other projects that make use of it. [br][br]Finally, I'll introduce our artist and 3D modeler. He goes by Qatmix and you all might know him better as a member of Kudos, one of the third-party music groups who provided material for FoF. He built the initial Tryptonite ship model that's in use on the web site right now and several others (some of which unfortunately got lost in an HD crash... but I have confidence that the new ones will be even better ).

Dream Coder

Default Re: A little Tryptonite news

i didnt know that qatmix was a devver!
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

well iris supports studio max 3D and dans useing iris, so my guess is that he knows max 3D

[quote author=quzar link=board=news;num=1095325200;start=0#1 date=09/16/04 at 04:50:09] i didnt know that qatmix was a devver![/quote]

I believe this is a different qatmix.

DCEmu Coder

nope. Its the same one mate. *;D There is no other.

As I mentined in another post. Weve got some exciting stuff in development.

Dream Coder

[quote author=Darksaviour69 link=board=news;num=1095325200;start=0#2 date=09/16/04 at 05:28:34]well iris supports studio max 3D and dans useing iris, so my guess is that he knows max 3D[/quote]

art for a game is still game development.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

i read your other post in unreal topic, and thought, must go over to CAgames and see what the craic is!

DCEmu Coder

Does Tryptonie really using iris3D ?

I use Iris for Dcastle....itś basicly iris3d v0.91 with some modificatins regarding lighting and the vect3d class (I dropped the w component)

actualy i don't know, i thought it does but the only post i found from dan said
    I will say I have considered looking at Iris to see if I could integrate part of all of it into the libs for the project since they seem to have done a whole lot of nice legwork for basic 3D support, including the shading and lighting.
    but that was back in nov 2003

DCEmu Coder

nope IRIS is cool. However its a CA developed engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information