Let us not forget the following games six months from now (and prove that button wrong)...

Today marks the halfway point of 2009, a year that brought Grand Theft Auto to the DS, our eyes to the bottom of an Avatar's shoe and some other guy to my old MTV desk.

We and the rest of the gaming press are at risk of forgetting everything that happened in the past six months when 2009 ends and we have to decide which games were best in the last 365 days. So let this post be a monument to the greats of Jan-June '09.

I'll start. But you help out, please. Any categories you want.

(Warning: These selections do not represent the collective wisdom of Kotaku, just one guy.)

Possibly The 10 Best Games Of 2009 So Far (according to the deputy editor): Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Flower, Pictobits, infamous, Red Faction Guerilla, House of the Dead Overkill, Art Style: Boxlife, uh... what else?

Games With Some Good Stuff In Them That People Will Probably Forget: Deadly Creatures, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand

Games with The Best Graphics: Killzone 2, Street Fighter IV, Fight Night Round 4, Resident Evil 5

Games with The Best Graphics and Best Credit Sequences: MadWorld

Best Cut Scenes So Far: Halo Wars

Soundtracks We Shouldn't Forget: Henry Hatsworth In The Puzzling Adventure

Best Peripheral Game Expected To Be Outshone By Wii Sports Resort: Personal Trainer Walking

Best Downloadable Content That's Not A Full Game But Could Be: GTA IV: The Lost and Damned, some of that Fallout 3 DLC.

Games I Didn't Play Much Of But Maybe Were Really Good: Plants Vs. Zombies, Patapon 2, The Sims 3, stuff on the iPhone

Games You Commenters Have Shamed Me Into Admitting I Forgot: Punch-Out!, Prototype, MLB 09: The Show (best baseball game ever, I've heard?), Bonsai Barber

http://kotaku.com/5304915/2009-is-ha...n-great-so-far