Thread: Ice Age 3 - 3D

Blog Entries

Smile Ice Age 3 - 3D

Well today when I woke up, I said I would post a topic about Ice Age 3 (in response to Beetroot Bertie).

There was a choice between watching the movie in regular, or in 3D. Which I chose 3D because it cost a fraction more, and upgraded my seat to PREMIERE for the added leg room and comfort (though not a good thing - which I'll explain further on).

Anyway, about the movie:

Scrat is back again with his unsuccessful attempts to get that acorn, which there is another squirrel and supposed love interest called Scratte. Though we all know Scrat is interested only in the acorn, which Scratte is also interested in the acorn in which they fight. Very amusing at the least, because he can only fail with only the brief success.

Manny and the new-ish mammoth Ellie from Ice Age 2, are having a baby. Which results in both Diego and Sid leaving the herd, only with Sid finding three dinosaur eggs and returning to be told by Manny that he has to return them where he found them. But he doesn't listen and decides to be a mother to the eggs, which they hatch and the mother dinosaur comes looking for the baby dinosaurs. Leading to Sid getting taken, and then the herd (including Diego) having to go and rescue him which they meet this cool/crazy character called Buck which has some interesting stories to tell amongst having rules (which Manny forgets the first).

I'm not giving anything away, except this is a must see movie. Though not neccessarily in 3D, because I'm sure the normal version is just as good. I only saw the 3D version because I wanted to experience something different, but overall the movie was good... Including the popup 3D objects.

I must admit that somewhere around/before where Sid gets rescued and when the mammoth was born, I fell asleep for aproximately 5 minutes which I blame the seat.

- - -

For those who are interested, look howmuch it cost... Though it cost £1 more than the standard Ice Age 3, I'm thinking the DVD will be cheaper.

Acorn Electron User

Thanks for your comments. I think I'll go see it soon.

Do you get to keep the 3D specs (I assume it uses them) for future shows?

I couldn't help smile when you said you fell asleep

Blog Entries

You can keep the 3D specs, but I couldn't help but notice a girl collecting them when people were leaving the screen. Though I kept mine, because to me they look cheap but cool and nerdy at the same time (and I fell asleep wearing them).

- The regular Ice Age 3 movie I don't think uses them, but the 3D movie without the specs is blurry in a way like if you were squinting.

Falling asleep in a movie full of squaking kids is amusing, but falling asleep sitting between some punk dude and an emo girl is funny... Especially when I mumble. lol

Thread Information