Thread: The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #1)

Blog Entries

Question The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #1)

Many of you will know i used to have an Interview site with Great Interviews with Coders from many Homebrew Scenes.

Well with that in mind, im going to try something unique and whilst it may fail it is something that ive never seen done before and thats a mass interview of all the members and thats 40,000 + members , whats going to happen is that ill ask maybe 10- 12 questions, one a day over a 2 week period to see who we are and what we love about emulation and homebrew.

So to start the ball rolling (remember never give personal info out unless you feel safe doing so) ill ask a question and answer it myself then its over to you the members of the only Console Homebrew Network in the world.

Question #1 - Can you tell us about yourself, where you're from, and about your job, school, etc?

(yes easy one to start but it lets people know about you)

Well im the webmaster of a group of sites now totalling 18 (mad git), ive been a fan and more of emulation and homebrew since at least 1997.

I am from the city of Nottingham in the UK, famous for Robin Hood, Torvill and Dean and Nottingham Forest and sadly Gun Crime capital of the UK (it seems that way anyway).

Went to school at 2 sites in probably the roughest part of the city but on the whole enjoyed school but was glad to be rid of it .

For my job ive been a Gardener on an award winning park for nearon 18 years (i am 34 btw) and whilst i enjoy my job i cant see me doing it for years to come.

So thats my answers, feel free to join in this experiment of a mass interview on the DCEmu Network, answer via the comments.

Alright well i'm not much of an exiting person ha ha. I work for Mc Donalds as a maintnence person. I live in Oshawa Ont. Canada i would also say were are a pretty bad city aswell more stealing then killing unless the killing has to do with drug busts cause were popular for drugs aswell. Anyways as a maintnence person i clean the store nightly and do the best job anyone can for a very crappy pay but this gives me a good reference when the time comes for a better job.

About myself other then working my butt off for Mc Donalds i'm a layed back sit at home type of guy and of course on the internet more then anything to meet the interesting people from all around the world. I also enjoy gaming which i now own 12 video game systems and bundles of games to go with it including and the systems are Dreamcast, PSone,Xbox,PS2,GameCube,Gameboy Advance,Sega Genesis,Sega CD,Sega Game Gear,N64 and the Nintendo Entertainment System.

When on the internet i like to find the most amazing people to add to my MSN so i came here to meet coders and of course some of the admins or leaders of this site and i dont think i will include who i meet just cause then people will come to me to put them on there list. All i gotta say is these people are great and helping me big time in the gaming community for port requests,planning in homebrew games, and some beta testing.

I'm not sure if you wanted me to include this much information nor all of the stuff above for the 1st question but thats basically me right there gaming nerd and electronics geek.

Eric

DCEmu Regular

hi, my name is obelisk...
    I'm 29... I'll be 30 though on this friday, 4-14. I was born in Los Angeles California, and lived in LA from the time i was born till i was 6.
    My mom Dad and I moved up to Ukiah, California, which i lived in from 82- 89, my father passed away there and we visit it frequently. I currently live in a resort area 55 miles nearby Ukiah, with my wife, and caretake for my mum, and 3 cats. I've been into video games since Space Invaders, and pinball since i can remember. I play visual pinball on my pC, and emulators that run the older games I love so much... The Sega Dreamcast has to be the baddest system i know of, with a scorchingly hot coding and brewing scene, and a seemingly perpetaul Pheonix complex... it just keepes coming back. Even though i own an xbox, dcemu.co.uk is still my homepage, and will stay that way till the end.... Long Live Dreamcast, long live the scene! Viva Homebrew!
    The sceners, devvers/ coders and porters and everone in between are fun (cept for spammers), and helpful... please keep up the good work people and have fun.

Well, my name is Richard but my friends generally call me Rich', and online I go by SoldierBlade or SBlade for short. I'm 26, born and raised in northern Louisiana (which is where I currently reside), married with no kids. As for my job, oddly enough I do the exact same thing as Eric, except for me it's Monday through Friday 5 am to 1 pm (and Eric I know exactly what you're talking about man).

I've always had a deep passion for Sega games and hardware, even to the point of at one time having a complete Genesis 32X CD system with a Power Base Converter and about 20 choice games amongst it all. I didnt buy a Dreamcast on 9/9/99, but I bought one soon thereafter, and in total I have owned no less than 6 of them.

Until about 2 years ago, everything I did gaming related or on the internet was done on a Dreamcast. I developed a strong end-user knowledge of practically every DC web browser and eventually met people who were trying to make customized versions of said browsers. It wasnt long after that, I met a fellow who calls himself Excalibur007, and learned of his custom browser project called XDP. We quickly became good friends, and since then I have established an IRC channel, and a yahoo group (which was destroyed and resurrected), both of which are dedicated to the XDP project and offer technical support, creative feedback, and above all a place to get to know fellow Dreamcast web browser users and fans of the console.

These days I dont browse around much on my DC anymore, but it's still the only gaming console I have in my posession that gets used on a regular basis. I still help maintain the IRC channel as an SOP , and I'm in there practically all the time talking with those same friends I've made over the years (pm me if you want the details on how to get there).

So anyway, thats me.

Dream Coder

I'm Donald, 19, from Miami, FL. I'm sure I've posted other things about me elsewhere before so yea whatever. I code and whatnot.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i'm Patrick from, Armagh, Ireland, but i'm living in Belfast at the mo. i'm a 4 th year student, and i'm hoping to do freelance work for a while after (in a month). no job at the mo bar the very odd freelance job

Thread Information