Vaguely announced via a Twitter post, the second bit of downloadable content for BioWare's Mass Effect role-playing game is still something of a mystery. While the initial announcement promised more details soon, a follow-up post made it seem as though the timing just wasn't right. We recently had the opportunity to ask BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka what was going on.

"We haven't announced it formally yet but I think you can expect something in the next little while," he said. "Probably some kind of announcement about [the ME DLC]. It's pretty cool. I've been playing what we're working on there and fans will find it fun."

Is it a side quest and does it reveal any details that may hook into the sequel? That's something we'll have to wait for an official announcement to hear about.

The initial note about this DLC being in the works caught some by surprise considering how close the sequel is and how long it's been since Bring Down the Sky, the only bit of downloadable content for the game so far, was made available. After the sequel is released, will BioWare produce any more content for the original adventure or concentrate on its sequel? "It'll be focused on Mass Effect 2 stuff," said Muzyka.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/100/1001927p1.html