Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Firmware Emu Problem Solved!

Blog Entries

psp PSP Firmware Emu Problem Solved!

Source Spong

So you want to play GameGear and Master System classics on your PSP but you have upgraded your firmware. It's a common problem, with users of Sony's portable often held in flux between the path of upgrade righteousness and seedy blackmarket emulation.

Well now, the problem has been solved, with BenQ, maker of some of SPOnG's favourite PC monitors and probably some other stuff in other offices in other places, revealing the truly awesome Joybee EG10, an MP3 player preloaded with ten amazing Sega titles.

We're not entirely sure if you, our humble reader, will be as excited at the prospect of the Joybee EG10 as we are. That's probably because you're not as clever as us, as we've explained to our wives, girlfriends, boyfriends and significant others. You see, although it's going to cost about £150 and we already have 26 MP3 players, four Master Systems and and impressive five GameGears between us, that's not the point. The games alone the Joybee EG10 comes pre-loaded with are, taking into account cost of living hikes and inflation, worth about £500! Add this to the £350 in hardware and you'll find that everyone buying a Joybee EG10 actually makes £700!

Hmm this isnt actually an addon for the PSP but a seperate piece of hardware, check out the screenshot via comments

DCEmu Rookie

hm...
    dunno. thats just thrown out money...
    i have a psp that can play almost all segagames and musik. so no need. thnx
    for those who dont have a psp yet. that might be usefull

Whatever....

This would only be good if it could use roms.

Kinda cool idea. Would've been better with an emulator built in so you could play any game you wanted. But that would break some laws probably.

damn that thing is tiny. but still doesn't stop it from sucking

Good idea, but totally pointless. I love my Master System, but I wouldn't buy this. You can buy real master systems for £3, and they can be emulated on anything now, even mobile phones. It is a useful feature, but doesn't appeal to me.

they must be on crack i aint buying it only pays those games..

Hehe... Nice topic header, that got me excited for a whole 10 seconds. =/

But STILL.

C'mon how can anyone say these guys have wasted their time?!

Out of all the Home to Portable consoles this one is BEAUTIFUL! There's a few nes ones but they sure don't look as cool as that.

Personally I wouldn't buy it unless it at least ran genesis games but, man, that thing is cool.

I'd rather buy a DS or GBA-SP-B instead

hi, im new here, i downloaded a homebrew game that says it works on all firmware, i put the game into my psp - PSP>GAME>"folder with game inside". on my psp i went to game>memory stick>clicked to start the game. wen i clicked it there was an error saying "The game cannot be started. The data is corrupted". anyone know how to solve this problem? i would really appriciate it.

I have firmware 2.0.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information