Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #4) - Whats the Greatest Console Ever ?

SNES had lemmings too. so did NES Genesis (megadrive) and PC. i liked genesis the best cuz it had Toejam N' Earl on it and had great games like sonic 1 2 3 and sonic&knuckles and golden axe and Dinosaurs for hire (shooting game like metal slug) but better than the genesis was indeed the SNES cuz it was great when it came out. SMW!

DCEmu Newbie

lol first post ~
    i havnt bin in2 gamin tht long jus strted wen th N64 was out but i hv played quite a few consoles nd i fink th psp is best coz of evryfin u can do on it followed bi th N64 coz i luved tht console lol

ps.im nt bein biased or owt 2 psp i jus fink itz gr8

DCEmu Regular

-the snes for it s huge game collection
    -the xbox for all the emulator
    -the dreamcast for the old time sake

DCEmu Regular

I would have to say snes for the best console.
    I never had one when I was younger, but if i knew about all the snes games that weren't released in the UK... it would definitely have been my favourite console.
    PS1 was probably my favourite console.
    It's the only console where a game caused me to be physically ill, even throwing up!, because i had played constantly with no breaks (other than geting food or bathroom) all day and night for two days. That game was final fantasy 7!
    When that game came out i was completely transfixed, and had trouble ever turning it off!

DCEmu Regular

God these are always so tough since I have so many systems. It's too bad it's not computers cause I'd choose my AtariST 1040 and my Amiga 500. It is so tough though for me to choose a console. I guess for me it would have to be actually a tie between 3 of my systems. Genesis/MD, SNES, and my Turbo Graphx/Duo. The Genesis mainly because that really really really really boomed my video game habit. I was a casual gamer with my old Atari and Intellivision, but the Genesis was really where I was locked in a room for hours playing games. There's just so many good ones too me, especially since I'm a shooter nut! This was an era when shooters where shooters not classed as doom clones. Games like M.U.S.H.A Aleste, Gunstar Heroes, Thunderforce II-IV, Gaires, Verytex, Elemental Master Alien Soldier really had my thumbs bleeding. It was amazing. Then the Gensis had some great Action Adventure games that were and still are some of the best games ever. El-Viento, the Valis series, Sonic, Shinobi III, Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, Streets of Rage series there were just so many good games. If anyone even thought the Genesis didn't have any good rpg's they were wrong. It had great ones like the Phantasy Star series, Shining Series, Landstalker, Sword of Vermillion, Crusader of Centy, and Monster World IV were my favorites.

The SNES also has a special place in my heart just as much as my Genesis. My brother and I won it in a raffle from a radio station. They ended up calling us while on the air to tell us we've won. My brother took the call and I was playing Genesis in his room. All I hear is my older brother screaming hell yes about a million times. He ran upstairs and told me the news. I was so excited #1 because we were the first on our street to have a SNES before it was even out and #2 because I knew there were some great/amazing games coming out. I'll just list my favorites and you guys will understand why this is my other favorite. Actraiser, Castlevania IV, Contra III Alien Wars, Super Adventure Island (yuzo koshiro is the man), Street Fighter II, Dragon Quest Series, FF series, Super Star Wars, Axelay, Space Megaforce/Super Aleste, Super Turrican, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Ninja Warriors Again, Mystical Ninja/ Goemon TMNT Turtles in Time, and of course Super Mario World. These games gave me so much joy when I was younger and I still whip out my real SNES and the games don't feel dated to me at all. This was a time when games were "fun" and it was all about gameplay. These games still hold up even now. Everything from the graphics to the amazing sound. God I love that sound chip.

Now the Turbo Graphx/Duo is my other favorite mainly cause I'm a shooter and rpg fan. There were so many amazing shooters and rpgs for the system it was nuts. Especially if you were heavy on importing games like I was. Blazing Lazers/Gunhed, Super Star Soldier, Soldier Blade, Air Zonk were my favorite HU card games. Nutopia I&II, Dungeon Explorer were my favorite HU card rpgs. The CD add on that the Turbo had is what really made it stand out from the Genesis and SNES. It amazed me at the time. I remeber popping in Ys Book I&II for the first time and thinking "holy crap real voices" haha simple times. Ys was and still is my favorite game for the Turbo. For me no other RPG can come close to how amazing this game really is. Not even FF as good as those games are. Also with the CD Audio for games I really loved cranking up the stereo and rocking out some Lords of Thunder and Gates of Thunder. The music in those games still are my top two for best video game soundtracks. I also have to mention Dracula-X. I got this game for XMAS in 93 and thank God I did with the rediculous costs it has on ebay. It just rocked so much. It was different than all the others in the series and it was great to be playing it on my Turbo Duo, and Castlevania music on CD is a good thing. With the addition to the Arcade card i was able to enjoy some near perfect ports of some of my favorite neo geo fighters. Plus I was able to play Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, which was another great shooter with music from T's Music. All three of those systems are special to me in their own way and I'm sorry that there's no way for me to choose. I guess I'll contradict myself and say if there was a gun to my head and I had to choose it would be my Turbo Duo, but it wouldn't be a choice I'd want to make.

P.S. sorry for the long ass post

DCEmu Rookie

I agree on PCE/Turbografx...it is the only reason I will not upgrade my PSP....I have always been suprised that Silent Debuggers has never been updated on newer consoles....And popping out the hucard and throwing it in the portable...Nice...Too bad I sold Mine+Express+TVtuner+around 90 hucards....big mistake...even though I really needed it I only got $300 bucks

Well i'm going to have to agree with Wraggster. Right after i gave away my Nintendo and the Super Nintendo came out i got that thing for christmas. For the love of any video game systems that was my fav. Sadly i got a rid of that system when i bought my PSone and i'm looking once again to purchase a Super Nintendo. The graphics,the game play, the stereo sound and the fun with almost every game.

Today i dont have a personal fav cause almost systems are being used. I could also say that i couldnt rate a system do to the fact every system has good games so therefore every system is amazing. SNES was an exception as almost every game i played was just that great.

Eric

I'd have to go for the Sega Megadrive. Loads of awesome games, nice graphics and so many memories..

Oh yea ;D sega genesis and SNES ;=) dont know how many hours i wasted(spent) on those consoles Sonic.. Mario ;D

1* SNES
    2* GENESIS
    3* DREAMCAST

Quote Originally Posted by jono_brwr
    lol first post ~
    i havnt bin in2 gamin tht long jus strted wen th N64 was out but i hv played quite a few consoles nd i fink th psp is best coz of evryfin u can do on it followed bi th N64 coz i luved tht console lol

ps.im nt bein biased or owt 2 psp i jus fink itz gr8
    Your grasp of the language amuses me...

My first console was the psone. But all my friends had nes, snes before that, so I got a lot of time out of those systems. I couldnt get enough of mario. It had many other games I loved aswell. The psone though, it was my favourite. The first console I ever owned, and the amount of time I got out of that was insane. My first games for it were Ridge Racer and wipeout. Wow, when I repeat the names back to myself, they sound crap; I mean Ridge racer, come on!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information