Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #4) - Whats the Greatest Console Ever ?

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Altered Beast, Rocket Knight Adventures, Mortal Kombat, Cool Spot, Shining Force, Landstalker, Gunstar Heroes, Contra, Comix Zone, Earthworm Jim !!!!!, Fatal Fury, Splatter House, Phantasy Star, Vectorman ect; the list go's on.

snes ftw i still play mine. Street fighter 2 is such a good game i just sit there with my friends playing it for hours.

It is so hard........
    DREAMCAST!!!! The DC was the console most funny for me. Who can say anything against this games? Phantasy Star Online, Sonic Adventure, Phantasy Star Online Version 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Crazy Taxi, Crazy Taxi 2, Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Sega Marine Fishing, NBA 2K series, NFL 2K series, The House Of The Dead 2, Evolution, Evolution 2, Skies Of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare, Virtua Striker 2 Version 2000.1, and more games!!!!

sorry have to say it but the xbox hands down was the best console and for its time its better than the 360 too (i have both) it had everything you want to have in a console and first with its hard drive. Even after xbox live i was playing halo on xbconnect always a good times every time played we have 16 player matches and still be playing till the crack of dawn seriously best times ever.First time i experience something similar to lan parties and nothing can top the experience of playing with people you know in the same room and playing against other teams online it was hot basically. Very close second has to be snes because when i was little i never read or looked into reviews of games and every game i bought for it was hella fun no crappy games every genre covered ..nowadays you have to be careful when buying games cause a small percentage is actually worth buying... sad the gaming industry turned out to be...rushed out games...cutting corners its sad...

1. N64- No contest there, OoT and MM are the best games ever. While some other great ones are Rush 2049, Banjo-Kazooie, Starfox 64, and Goldeneye.
    2. Genesis- Phantasy Star II is the best game that isn't Zelda .
    3.Xbox- Great console with good emu and games.

The snes never really got me. The only games I really liked for it were LttP (of course ) and Super Metriod.

BBC Micro atw, hope it counts as it is a computer system.

The greatest console, I'd also have to say the Super NES just for the amazing game line-up and the fact that most games were not painful to look at due bad graphics. I had that problem with some of the NES games, ones that were too bright (I can't handle too musch of very bright graphics). I mean Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy 3, Super Mario World, I dare you not to like this console.

My second favorite would be the PS2 because of the Squaresoft (Spuareenix) games, Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. Hours of entertainment on both consoles.

im sorry but i think the Sega sucked, i couldnt stand it then and i cant stand it now, NES and SNES were the best of there time and the PS1 kicked everyones ass when it came out, but the fact that the SNES had Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter II Turbo and all the other classics. To me all the crappy sega had was Sonic with its annoying repetitive music and the very bad design of a console.

Plus to add more to sega's downfall where are they now??????
    ill tell you, there keeping afloat by producing games for the PSP, PS2 and other consoles and releasing 3D Sonic games one after the other because their not good enough to create a good console.

SNES and PlayStation rule forever !!!!!!!
    and as the Lemmings would say *yippeee*

Congrats Wraggster! You really know how to pick the subjects that'll stir up the people. Must be the football-loving-hooligan in you (!_!)

Default answer: SNES. Sorry Genesis people, there was nothing that it could do that the SNES couldn't do better, and if the Genesis never had come along, the SNES almost certainly would have done many of the Genesis classics better. With the exception of Sonic (and a scant few others). That one would've been lost to the ages...

However, I'm surprised no one's brought up the GB/GBA. The GBA has abunch of the SNES classics that play just as well and fit in your pocket. Only real downfall is that in many cases the graphics take a slight hit. But I think that the sheer longevity of the GB line, coupled with it's ground breaking portability concept, makes it a strong contender for greatest ever. But, handhelds always have an edge up with me because I hate the idea of being chained to a TV.

On that note, my all time favorite is deffinately the TG16/CD/Duo/Express lineup. This is the one console franchise that will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart and memories. NO console has ever matched it's flexibility and originality. Heck, to this date there's never been any other console that's given you the option to take the exact same game that you were playing at home and stick it in your pocket to use on the road. And the CD was immensely important and ground breaking as well. It's a shame that the TG was never popular in the west, because a lot of people out there have no idea what they're missing. Echoing what Geise69 said about popping Ys in for the first time, you just can't describe the kind of emotions that TGCD games were able to provoke. Even now that CD games are the standard, the soundtracks for the (more than ten year old) TGCD games were awesome and memorable. Truly timeless. The whole system is the hands-down winner for me.

Special mention is the PS. No fan of 3D, but I think that there would be far fewer good 3D games today if the PS hadn't been there. Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, and Metal Gear Solid (and probably a few others I can't think off right now) are some of the most innovative, exciting 3D games I've ever played, and I think PS deserves mention for that. (Although it's deffinately not in the running for being responsible for, in my opinion, single-handedly killing off the FF series and for it's policy of actively discouraging 2D game development (!_!))

Ummm. . no contest. . .Xbox because it emulates nearly all your favorite classics flawlessly,
    Xmame to turn a xbox into an ultimate arcade cabinet and dont forget xbmc:P

my emulator collection=my childhood(and everyone elses by the sounds of it!) and i still
    give them a battering today

<3 Snes
    <3 N64
    <3 Mega Drive
    <3 my old amiga (if no-one else does i do:P)

shortly followed by psp for trying to emulate everything under the sun

peace

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information