Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (New Game DC) Calling for more outside help

Thanks for the your great words my friend Cast128dreams. I'd like to have this open just to get more outside attention. Theres coders with in the scene and then theres ones who arent in the scene but can do work. I once again appoligize about last night i was a little bit not in the mood. So once again i'm looking for some more coders to help Atani if any are up to doing this please leave a message or you can PM me to.

Thanks

Eric

Acorn Electron User

I'm no coder, but I'd like to wish you all the best with this project. I think it would be fantastic to see a good FPS on DC. If there's one thing the DC lacked, it was good single player FPS's especially compared with the onslaught of such titles on the PS2 and Xbox. I hope you can get round issues involved with loading times, as that was something that kinda ruined some of the DC's titles for me, especially Soldier Of Fortune.

I'd be happy to offer any feedback if required. Good luck guys.

Thanks bertrude we need lots of peoples we need lots of outside congrats. I do have to say FPS wasnt that great on DC but i do love Quake III Arena. I dont know if the FPS we will be doing will be as great as that. We may have to cut somethings down so it can fit on to a CD-R. I know this is really late the conversation there might a possibility that we will push this commercial. As Atani said earlier in the conversation were not just going to push this to just the DC were going to push this to as many systems as possible and if the demo is made and gets a good thumbs up and good reviews then we will see from there what happens.

Thanks

Eric

I dont know any coding. but i would like to do textures and possibly 3d models, if i can figure out how to render them. just tell me what tools i'd need for DC games. ive been playing FPS sine 1996, so if anyone needs ideas, hit me up.

Im glad to hear teams are formed. I also like the fact that you are working on a an FPS. Good choice! I wish I could help you, but I have tried before and I never managed to to something good enough. I could help with testing though, but most people can, so that is really nothing special. Anyway, one suggestion : Please add a multiplayer mode! It would be fantastic to have another multiplayer-fps on the Dreamcast.
    Anyway, good luck!

Well multiplayer is something we have on our mind quite obviouse as its today favourite for FPS gaming. Anyways Imerion i wouldnt mind having you apart of the team we will except if you are a coder you will be working Atani and possibly others cause thats what were mostly looking for right now is more coders. The more coders you have the faster the game gets done and the team can work together making up some ideas.

Give me a PM if your interested

Eric

could we expect a goldeneye 007-styled game? or would this be more in terms of quake 1 graphics?

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

I want to say good luck to this team. I would really like to help but I don't have free time to make anything right now. Anyways my modelling skills are really far from Michael's ones, and my coding skills are far from Atani's ones, so I'm don't going to be any helpful . Well, good luck again and I will be there for testing when you have anything ready to play!

Well i think we could probably use more outside help on Graphics aswell i think Michael can show you a few things if you'de like or you can show me a test of what you can do via PM if its enabled for that or via email then ill see what i can do. As for the game doing anything like 007 i dont know theres so much on mind about this game.

I think the whole scene would appreciate this great game cause well just so much thought has went into it. Atani has done some spots here and there but we are no where near done nore are we anywhere near started. But i will say this that there will be extras in this game that you all will love.

Any help is good help no matter how good you are i'm going to say this now even if you left the team you left us with a bit of something even a demo so that would mean others would look at it and give us a shout out. So once again leave me a message via pm or email. Atani is a great coder but has many projects to complete aswell and i wont get into them cause thats his decision to talk about them but he works aswell.

Eric

DCEmu Regular

OK hey Eric i think i can help you.....Well iam not a coder but i am pretty good in Artwork...
    Maybe i can post you some in your box.Its the least i can do to help you...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information