Runtime has released a new version of Transcode 360

I'm happy to announce the release of Transcode 360 Beta 3, the newest version of the XviD / DivX playback solution for Xbox 360 and Media Center Extender devices on Windows Media Center 2005. Once more this beta release is provided in advance of the final release to encourage community feedback and to help us better understand the areas we need to focus on.

New in this release:
After a lot of painstaking testing we believe we've addressed the aspect ratio issues that affected Beta 2, and for the most part AV sync, playback choppiness and a couple of issues that should make for easier installation (notably MPEG2 codec co-existance). Additionally, Beta 3 also features support for subtitles.
To enable the optimum transcoding solution T360 now supports multiple transcoding engines: ffmpeg, mencoder and Windows Media Encoder plug-ins are provided. As I mentioned in my previous post, mencoder has been selected as the best candidate for our solution as it offers us lots of flexibility supporting a staggering 299 codecs. It is this then that we will be primarily focused on supporting.

If you have a little programming experience you're welcome to create your own custom plug-in wrappers, or contribute to the project by improving on what we have. Full C# source code for the majority of the plug-ins is included as part of the distribution.

I'll be taking it a bit easy now at least for the rest of the holiday. That said, I'll pop into the forums over the next couple of days to provide answers to some of the frequently asked questions. The plan over the short term is to update the online documentation as its beginning to look a bit dated.

Finally I would like to thank my team of testers who've been working with me to iron out the bugs, as well as you the community for your support and generous donations. Many thanks! Happy downloading!

More info --> http://www.runtime360.com