Thread: New Project by GPF revealed - DCNincest64

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default New Project by GPF revealed - DCNincest64

GPF (Visual Troy Advance) has posted some interesting news & a WIP screenshot in this topic on the DCEmu UK message board about his new project:[br][br]A Nintendo 64 emulator for Dreamcast![br][br]Here's what he wrote:[br][br]This is a port of Nincest to the Dreamcast. Currently only runs fire and stars demos very very slowly. [br] [br]On Windows I have it displaying the N64 logo for the start up of WaveRunner, but the rom is to big for the Dreamcast. [br] [br]The colors are way off right now, and I am using SDL to render the screen. [br] [br]Troy

[Modified 07/30/04 17:57:57 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

Dream Coder

Default Re: New Project by GPF revealed - DCNincest64

You beat me to it! Ive been working on a port of Mupen for some time now. I got it compiling and running with a very primitive software renderer. Oh well...
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

[quote author=quzar link=board=news;num=1091228185;start=0#1 date=07/31/04 at 00:09:48]You beat me to it! Ive been working on a port of Mupen for some time now. I got it compiling and running with a very primitive software renderer. Oh well...[/quote]Heh, don't feel so bad - I was planning on tinkering with N64 too :P

Blog Entries

Its quite an achievement just to have an n64 emu on the dreamcast.

This scene amazes me more and more

DCEmu Newbie

as stated in the origional post rom size too big for the DC, this need burying with a big spade before anyone gets exited cos its never going to happen.

why dont you guys [glow=red,2,300]fix stuff youve started instead of trying new projects[/glow]. i'm still waiting for black arura to fix the genesis program that doeasnt do much

i take my hat off to ian michael who at least keeps improving things rather than leaving half baked projects lying around.

wheres famicast? still no improvement despite being given the dream snes core and as i said before i susspect its hit the end of the road as far as development goes.

wheres the gameboy advance emulator, seems no news no speed no nothing but chit chat.
    or did you take my advice and bury it.

free speech like it or lump it its the English way.

tinku :-*

Blog Entries

well your entitled to your opinion but no one will take any notice anyway

i think the coders do a great job, they all deserve major kudos.

[quote author=quzar link=board=news;num=1091228185;start=0#1 date=07/31/04 at 00:09:48]You beat me to it! Ive been working on a port of Mupen for some time now. I got it compiling and running with a very primitive software renderer. Oh well...[/quote]

Yeah I tried Mupen first, I also got it compiling for the dreamcast, but it uses to much memory, so I was working with the author do reduce the memory footprint, maybe we can compare notes on Mupen.

The emulator I ported is very limited only plays those 2 demo's and I hacked some instruction so that it shows the open N64 logo from waverunner.

Troy

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=news;num=1091228185;start=0#2 date=07/31/04 at 00:19:57]
    Heh, don't feel so bad - I was planning on tinkering with N64 too :P[/quote]
    Me too but then I realised I couldnt code or anything to save my life so I gave up the thought ;D

Thread Information