Zodttd has released Mame for the Iphone 3gs,

As promised, I worked my magic on mame4iphone. MAME is a "Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator". mame4iphone is based on mame4all by Franxis which uses MAME v0.37 Beta 5 and supports over 2200 games ranging from ancient to the year 2000!

A lot has changed in this version of mame4iphone. Now at v1.0.0, mame4iphone supports firmware 2.x as well as 3.x. It runs great on the iPhone 3gs too! I have updated the user interface to match the most recent versions of my other emulator projects. There is now landscape mode in addition to portrait mode. I also tried my best to fix up the controllers skins to be appropriate.

Using MAME can be tricky...But if you have a MAME romset, all your ROMs and BIOS' (such as neogeo.zip) are zipped and the filenames are named appropriately. You just need to place the zipped ROMs in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/MAME/roms/ that was created during installation and you're set!

I made a quick YouTube video of mame4iphone v1.0.0 in action. Note that the Simpsons arcade game was a poor choice to show off audio as it naturally sounds fairly awful. Then Ms. Pacman, one of my favorite games, doesn't quite show things off like Metal Slug would have. But here you go anyways.

Note: I'm still working on the 300 or so file limit in the roms directory for my emulators. mame4iphone is also limited by this bug. So if it crashes on load, try removing some unneeded roms. My apologies, it will get fixed.

Thanks,
ZodTTD!

IM curious about this release, can anyone verify that is indeed free ? and also that the sourcecode has been released. ?

Let us know via comments