Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony considered twin sticks for PSPgo

Blog Entries

psp Sony considered twin sticks for PSPgo

Backwards compatibility forced platform holder to ditch much-requested tech change
    With every revision of the PSP that comes and goes the lust for a second analogue stick on the PSP increases – and Sony has now admitted that the feature very nearly became a reality with the upcoming PSPgo.
    Speaking in the latest issue of GameInformer (via Kotaku), Sony development boss Shuhei Yoshida stated: “We also felt, like many users, that we wish we had a second analogue on the PSP.

“But we are talking about the mid-life cycle of this platform, and the PSPgo is designed to be perfectly compatible with the PSP-3000 and all the games that released before that.

“So we had a very serious discussion about this particular subject, but we decided not to add a second analogue, and some of the developers are doing quite a nice job translating the second analogue functionality to different buttons. We didn’t want to divert their efforts either.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35122/Sony...icks-for-PSPgo

Dear SONY;

This is why everybody hates you

~Shizzy

see, sony you could have dropped a little bit more horsepower in there, added a second analog stick and called it a psp2

compatibility issues solved

This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things

DCEmu Newbie

PSPgo = As little work done as possible, charge more and don't give a fck what our clients want.

DCEmu Rookie

If they added a second analog stick I would be pissed that I needed to by a new PSP just to play new games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoorKingz View Post
    If they added a second analog stick I would be pissed that I needed to by a new PSP just to play new games.
    Yup.

DCEmu Newbie

I really dont see how adding a 2nd analog to the psp would make old games un-playable.

Its like the PSX analog controller, when it came out any games made prior to its release simply diddnt make use of the sticks, and it wasnt untill publishers coded support into their games that we saw them actually being used.

Simply put if you play a psp game that was made prior to the release of the 2nd stick, it wont make use of it and you will have to use the face buttons as per normal.......

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by stanfy86 View Post
    I really dont see how adding a 2nd analog to the psp would make old games un-playable.

Its like the PSX analog controller, when it came out any games made prior to its release simply diddnt make use of the sticks, and it wasnt untill publishers coded support into their games that we saw them actually being used.

Simply put if you play a psp game that was made prior to the release of the 2nd stick, it wont make use of it and you will have to use the face buttons as per normal.......
    Yes. And if you wanted to play new games all you had to do was buy a new controller. But with PSP, you would have to buy a new PSP. So I'm glad they didn't add a second analog.

I don't see why they couldn't add a second analog stick.

If they release newer games, then they can simply have support for the PSP Go's two sticks and the old-timey PSP's one stick.

EDIT: It's kind of like the late 90s. Some games had support for Sony's new Dualshock controller (and games like Ape Escape required it), but, for the most part, games worked on the old Playstation controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information