Thread: [Release] LuaPlayer Euphoria V5 - Ogg & Dialogue Support + Bit more speed..

Thumbs up [Release] LuaPlayer Euphoria V5 - Ogg & Dialogue Support + Bit more speed..

Via : RetroEmu - Official LuaPlayer Euphoria Forum

Hi!

First of all, I would like to start off by apologizing for the HUGE delay between V4 > V5. The reason for this is just simply lack of enthusiasm to do anything but watch TV or sleep when I got home from work or on my days off.

I assure you that there will be a few releases coming up over the next few days and I will try never to disappear like that again

So whats new? Well only a small changelog but release worthy I reckon. I was going to wait till I was finished adding the Sony Utility functions (ie. Osk, netprompt etc), but I felt a release was long overdue and the new features are release worthy.

So enough blabbering... Here is whats new :

New Features :

System

System.dialogue(STRING, OPTIONS) - Brings up the Sony Message Dialogue window, with your text.

System.about() -- Shows the LuaPlayer Euphoria version, credits and info (using Sony message dialogue system)

Ogg support/playback.

-## OGG Functions

Ogg.init() -- Initialize the Ogg System.
    Ogg.load(filename) -- Load a Ogg.
    Ogg.play() -- Play a Ogg.
    Ogg.stop() -- Stop a Ogg.
    Ogg.pause() -- Pause a Ogg.
    Ogg.kill() -- Stop and Free a Ogg.
    Ogg.free() -- Free a Ogg.
    Ogg.endOfStream() -- Get the end of a Ogg (ie . if Ogg.endOfStream == 1 then).
    Ogg.getTime(string) -- Retrive the current play time position of the Ogg.

--MP3 CHANGES!--

Also .. I realized that I stupidly forgot that "end" is a reserved keyword in Lua, so Mp3.end() would never have worked...

Thus it is now :

Mp3.kill()

-----------
    Uses IntraFont By BenHur.

Speedups : about 8>10fps - according to my testers (Thanks Osgeld and Cmbeke!)
    There is also new eboot art but who cares Sorry all of the Sony Utility functions are not yet implemented. I am working on it, just wanted to get you an update out. There will be more of the Sony Utility functions available in V6

Future plans..

Just to let you all know, I am still taking requests, & always will be. If you would like a new feature to be added, or something improved, please submit it at the official forum : LuaPlayer Euphoria Forum

If you find any bugs please, please, please submit them here (I can't check everywhere!) : LuaPlayer Euphoria Bug Submission Forum

Plans :
    Right first off, I am also going to work on the PC Lua Interpreter too. So you can do all testing on the PC. It will have the Mp3/Ogg support obviously. Things like the Sony OSK/message dialogue will be Cloned/mimicked.

I don't know when the first release of that will be made, however my plan is to get the PC version up to par with the current state of LuaPlayer Euphoria, then once done, they will be released side by side in future.

Aside from that, I am still working on it. Tidying it up, adding code, optimizing code etc. It's not going to be completed in a few weeks, but I will keep plugging away until I feel the project is completed
    As always, you will find samples of the New functions and the old ones too in the "Samples" folder, located in the download.

So thanks! And enjoy LuaPlayer Euphoria's latest release!
    Last edited by Zack; July 26th, 2009 at 02:55.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Thread Information