Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GeMP (Homer's RIN) v3.3 Released!

Default Oh Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by SSaxdude
    Even though an ad-hoc Gameboy emulator would be cool, not many games would be great over ad-hoc. An ad-hoc SNES emulator would be the best.
    For all the obvious reasons, too...I might add. But while we wait we still have Dgen adhoc Genesis already, and it's cross firmware compatible!...Meaning I can play Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat games with my 1.50 PSP via adhoc against my friend who has a 2.60 PSP....Did anyone know this could be done with that emu, already?

Anyways.....Can anybody using this on a 1.50 PSP let me know if it's better than the last RIN?
    I'm at work and I can't test it myself.
    Thanks in advance.

Alright cool. Too bad this is the final official release. Hopefully someone can modify the source code and do something useful with it.

i agree on the adhoc. i hope mirakachi or ruka at least try to implement an adhoc feature. Homer, that could really finalize your emu. Great release anyway. thank you for your work.

this would be the best piece of homebrew if the media player was fully functional or atleast untill monkey 64 is fully functional

DCEmu Newbie

I cannot run this homebrew on my 1.50. Even if i use No kxploit tools. With the v3.2 it work but not with this release.

Doesn't seem to work on my 1.50 either, anyone got any ideas why it's not working? Just crashes the PSP completely...

No one else mentioned it, but I really hope they can get the text walkthrough viewer working on this. Imagine that + gamefaqs, it's perfect! So far, I've been using the 1mhz text viewer for this kiind of thing, but to have it integrated would be even better.

Oh, and adhoc would be nice too

It does work on 1.50...I removed the file inside the CONFIGURE folder & it works...I'm playing Battletoads right now.

I REPEAT...IT DOES WORK ON 1.50...NO BULL.

With admin permission I'll upload the file here.

*****************UPDATE******************

Although this might be the GameBoy Emulator of choice for firmware 2.00+ users, I would recommend sticking with the last build of RIN(1.32) or the Unnoficial RIN(1.32n1.2) if you are a 1.50 firmware owner like me. I tested some games on this emu that require the most processing out of a gameboy and thess are my results:

Metal Gear:
    -Enemy sprites mess up when in alert mode (even with 333mhz clocked PSP - whereas the last original RIN build doesn't)

SuperMarioBros.DX:
    -Speed lag when Mario runs... gets worse when you have two or more enemies on screen(and this is on 222mhz, people - Last Original RIN build = No Lag here)

Final Fantasy related games:
    -Speed lags a little during battles(222mhz)- whereas again, last RIN doesn't.

I am not trying to diss on the great work put to this emulator. I think we all appreciate it. It's just that there are already better running GBC emulators for 1.50. That's all.

i cant believe i missed this....

thats what i get for spending my time beta-testing.

i agree its a real shame Homer/Heather isnt going to go for emulated link-cable by ad-hoc, but as many have pointed out, with the source released hopefully some other cool bod will add this function.

to anyone asking what good link games there are... you're forgetting the obvious - Two Player Tertris!!!

but yeah, of course you've got Pokemon and even Space Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by SSaxdude
    Even though an ad-hoc Gameboy emulator would be cool, not many games would be great over ad-hoc. An ad-hoc SNES emulator would be the best.
    Yoyofr is working on that and will be in his next release Snes tyl 4.0

source is out hope too see this ad-hoc soon!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information