Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 3rd GenesisPlusDC WIP Preview Release!

Default Re: New 3rd GenesisPlusDC WIP Preview Release!

I figured out what's causing the problems with the new SBI. MetaFox broke one of the cardinal rules of SBI creation - he included a hyphen in the filename. All hyphens are converted to underscores when the disc is burnt, so the dxl file won't be able to find the file that it's referred to. I have fixed it and am uploading the new version right now.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

[quote author=curt_grymala link=board=news;num=1088145972;start=0#10 date=06/25/04 at 09:32:27]I figured out what's causing the problems with the new SBI. MetaFox broke one of the cardinal rules of SBI creation - he included a hyphen in the filename. All hyphens are converted to underscores when the disc is burnt, so the dxl file won't be able to find the file that it's referred to. I have fixed it and am uploading the new version right now.[/quote]Ack, so that's why it works with Bin2Boot. :-X

I hadn't tested it with DI.

DCEmu Regular

Beautiful. I DLed the fixed ver this aftneoon.. should i just mess around with this, 'cause Ive got some like little "bug" notes, i don't know if i should post them here, or, if is should just wait a while and keep the notes until another release, then test, re note, and then maybe post the findings. Just trying to help, this thing cooks, by the way!!!!! cheers!

DCEmu Coder

If it's about graphics glitches, don't bother with a bug report. I'm aware of the issues with the video emulation, and most of it is because of the way the video emulation is designed. I knew what kind of problems it would cause before I started programming it, and some of them will be fixed. Others might not be, because they'll just slow the emulator down too much, or them might not even be possible.

The main problems are:
    No interlaced graphics mode (Sonic 2 multiplayer)
    No 2-column scrolling mode (Rocket Knight Adventures, second stage)
    No mid-frame palette changes (any Sonic game with underwater bits)
    No per-line horizontal scrolling (stairstep effect)
    No shadow/hilight effects (shadows appear white)
    Sprite / background priorities are wrong

As far as I know, there's actually only one real bug in the video emulation, which is the corruption you get on sprites in some games. I know exactly what's causing that, but I don't know how to fix it yet.

I don't want to hear about sound skipping either. I'm working on fixing that now.

If it's a game actually crashing the emulator, I do want to hear about it. If a game does something really wrong (gameplay, not the graphics), or it's really slow without sound (like Zero Wing), or some of the timers / counters are screwed up, or there's something else really wrong with it, tell me.

DCEmu Regular

you might want to start a new thread to accomidate the bug report list and make sure to put the above acknowledgements as rules (as if someone will actually read them before posting) -----just an idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information