Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am a noob Please help

DCEmu Newbie

Default I am a noob Please help

i was wondering if some one could tell me or direct me to a link on how to create models for iris i really want to do something for this as i really like it i just don't know how

Good question...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zeemon
    Good question...
    Nice contributing post....

Anyway, if you're loking for model help, Produkt of these forums can help you out, he is the "expert" here. Also, if you want to know how to map for Iris, there is a very good tutorial here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22158

Yeah-- I know, sorry. It was mostly a *bump* post. I didn't know of any tutorials, but I wanted to get him(and me) some help.

DCEmu Newbie

i know how to make maps, change orićinal models into the correct format i just want to know how to create my own

for now if you want to make your own models for iris just use any tutorial designed to make models for Quake 2

a good tool that Myself and PSPDemon use is MilkShape 3D. It has the exporters for the MD2 model format which makes things so much easyer, its hard to find a good exporter for the newer modeling programs.

PSPDemon is more wise in the way of player conversion. He's also learning how to do proper low poly modeling.

Him and I are your best bets on Iris Modding questions.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Newbie

Cheers Produkt

No problem, all I ask is you dont ask "How to model" :P we'll try and help you get it running in game though
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Newbie

i downloaded that program and it is kinda confusing but it should be good when i get used to it. i have been converting some of the other models that are available on line so expect some new skins for the invader and some other characters also expect homer simpson some south park characters and r2d2 and r5d4 for the star wars mod over the weeked.

PS i have downloaded some of the characters and the skins come in greyscale and was wondering if this matters when i convert them for IRIS. i have started my first map last night as well expect that soon it is a starwars map that i am working in i would also like to help with the halo mode if possible as i love that game.

now your going to have to do some converting with 3rd party programs or even milkshape.. but the most basic and simple modeling program in the world is http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

... it isnt feature rich but it gets the basic job done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information