Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firmware 2.70 Released for US and Japan and Homebrew Not Working Confirmed

Blog Entries

psp Firmware 2.70 Released for US and Japan and Homebrew Not Working Confirmed

Carrying on from what we posted yesterday about Homebrew not working on the new v2.70 firmware, today it has been released and confirmed that Sony have plugged the hole. Lets see if this causes any problems with games working, but for homebrew fans if you upgrade you lose the ability to play homebrew, the balls in your court.\

Pages for Japanese and US Firmware are here -->

Japanese Firmware:http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/ud_01.html

USA Firmware:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.as...SoftwareUpdate

No News on a Euro 2.70 ? yet

This is proof that Sony hates homebrew: they patched up the GTA exploit even though no downgrader or iso loader works with it.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Well its early days yet im sure fanjta and the boys will soon find an exploit..

DCEmu Regular

Yeah Sony pretty much sucks. They didn't have to close the GTA exploit. That was doing no harm, and I seriously doubt any iso loader was going to come of it. However sony does have a right to protect their intellectual property. Yes you did buy their psp, but it's still their hardware and they have a right to keep unauthorised products from being on their systems. When people are getting older games for emulators for free it kinda keeps people from buying actual games. Granted the games haven't really been much to scream about but still. Also I don't feel that Sony is really trying to scam people into updating their psps to get one more person out of homebrew. I don't really think it's ever been that way. Majority of the people that are really into the scene already know what's going on. It's the casual gamers the firmwares are being targeted to. People that want to use their psp with the ps3 when it comes out are also eventually going to have to upgrade. I bet that the PSP will only work with the ps3 by having the newest firmware which will more than likely be firmware 3.0. I'm hoping for an exploit of firmware 3.0 in the future but looks like people are going to have to forget about sony psp games all together or just update. It's not worth really getting a 2nd psp for IMHO.

WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND IS GONNA UPGRADE TO 2.7 .....and loose alll there EMULATORS,GAMES,AND APPS .....YEAH....OK.....ILL downgrade!!!....LMFAO@SONY RIGHT NOW....I MEAN REALLY.....WHERES MY INSENTIVE??? THIS IS A gaming console FIRST....THEN A MP3 PLAYER OR WEB BROWSER.....I DONT SEE ANYTHING THATS GONNA ....IMPROOVE...GAMEPLAY.....RATHER IT MIGHT ACTUALLY CAUSE SOME GAMES TO NOT WORK!!! DO YOU BELEAVE THAT $#@!!!! ITS NOT AN UPDATE ITS A DOWNGRADE!!! IM A GAMER AND ILL BE DAMNED IF IM GONNA LOOSE OVER 241 HOMEBREWS FOR NOTHING!!!

HEY SONY YOU WANT ME TOO UPGRADE MAKE A PS1 EMULATOR GIVE ME
    MORE THAN 241 REASONS TOO UPGRADE!!!
    GIVE ME PS1!!!!
    OR GIVE ME A BREAK!!! TELL ME SONY WHY SHOULD WE RESPECT YOU AND YOUR RULES WHEN WE DID JUST THAT YOU STILL SLAPED US IN THE PERVERBIAL FACE!!! SHALL WE MAKE SOME ISO LOADERS AND DOWNGRADERS I MEAN SONY IS TREATING OUR FAV CODERS AND PROGRAMERS LIKE $#@! PPL AND I FOR ONE DONT LIKE IT!! AND MORE THAN THAT I APPRECIATE ALL THE GR8 PPL WE HAVE IN THE COMMUNITY NOW EVERYONE OF THE BIG GUYS AT THESE SITES MADE SURE THERE WAS NO TALK OF ISO LOADERS OR ANY " DISECTING OF UMD'S FOR USE OF THERE HOLES" AND WE DID NOT PROMOTE PIRACY BUT AFTER GETTING SLAPPED IN THE FACE WITH THIS SO CALLED UPDATE.....IM CHANGING MY TUNE ABOUT PIRACY GOOD JOB SONY YOU HAVE CONVINCED ANOTHER LOYAL FAN TOO HATE YOU ENOUGH TO PIRATE....IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!

there's always hope that it will be able to run homebrew even if there's only a few that will run off it

Could Sony Change The Psp's Language In A Update Too Be There Own Spin-off C++ Type Language??

DCEmu Pro

to any psp dev who's poked at the GTA exploit:

have u checked to see if they just rearranged the syscalls / resources? like wut they did from 2.50 -> 2.60

DCEmu Newbie

has any1 actulay goten a flash movie to run of the flash player?

wtf... it upgraded without having my ac adapter plugged into it... odd. Lucky I was at full battery or I would of raised hell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information