Thread: Iris Map Dev Questions

Arrow Iris Map Dev Questions

I want to make maps for Iris, but I have one problem. I am using linux, and the tutorials are for windows. I have sucessfully gotten GTKRadiant to work on linux (I found it precompiled), but I cant find Q3Radiant precompiled, and I am having a lot of trouble compiling the source. Does anyone here use linux (I'm using Ubuntu - Breezy) who could help me compile it?

Also, in Produkt's tutorial, it says you need to buy quake 3 or use the more dificult method. Couldnt you just download (and compile) the Q3A source code id released a year ago?

Edit: I think I found how to compile it at http://code3arena.planetquake.gamespy.com/.
    P.S. How compatible is Iris with Quake 3? How much effort would it take to put a Quake 3 mod on Iris?

No, you still need the Q3 textures in order to make the maps.

Hmm, what kernal are you running?

But I had a way to compile the Iris Maps with Q3Map in GTKRadiant, I just didnt have the lightmap string written down properly... Look for an old version of Q3Map (NOT Q3Map2!) for your kernal and hit me up via PM so we can chat on some messenger I'll help you set it up
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

Why mod someone else's game? If you're going to take that much time, you could probably make a better one...

grin.ch: Because making maps is much easier than making games. In about 30 minutes I learned how to map with Produkt's tutorial (great, btw). It takes years to learn how to program. I have tried to learn various languages, but I just dont have the determination and disipline. Also, why make a new game when PSMonkey made such a great one already?

Sniper: So the textures still belong to id, just the code is GPL?

In my first post's edit, I said I found out how to compile. I didnt. What I had found was a tutorial for installing Q3-SDK on linux, not Q3Map or Q3Radiant.

Thread Information