Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll let you figure this one out for a change

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome progress- good luck along the way psmonkey.

The screeny that I loved was the one of the 3d spinning Nintendo logo running at over 30fps!!!!! Great work!!!!!. I havent had any internet for a while and finally got to check back. What you have achieved in my absence is incredible last time i checks mortal combat had just started to work. Keep up the great work monkey man!!

DCEmu Newbie

just remember some credit goes to sn!per, he was the one that made some games progress to where they are, for example (all of the screen shots so far), but thanx alot sniper we appreciate it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    $n!pR gets 100% credit on this one.

The bug was Eeprom. While mario & waverace still dont work, I think ths more has to do with emulation bugs (made a few trying to get mario working). All 3 roms (which required 4k eeprom) now progress.

Starfox does get alot farter then this, it's just the map screen is very hard to figure out (hle bugs). I probably could get all the way ingame but did not have the time to check it out. $n!pR will do that for me in a big and come back with the results later.

hey didnt i say something about mario needing an eeprom some time ago :P U just ignored me NVM

Well done

DCEmu Newbie

Just a few questions for psmonkey.

1.Would emulating sound on M64 decrease the framerate drastically or just a bit?

2.after your done with all the texters and bugs you said u'd make an Dynamic recompiler, after that is finished how man fps do u think m64 will emulate?

3.i already know the answer to this but do u thinks its possible that zelda would ever work, i know its a big rom but ya know?

4.how long do u think you will be working on M64 for? i really hope u can make this emulator as playable as possible.

5. Do u thinks the media engine can make a big difference with this emulator? bcuz when yoyofr tried full sound on the ME he had huge problem, and still is today thats why the new snes9xTYL is taking so long to release.

well thats all the questions i have for now i hope u can answer them
    thanx alot psmonkey.

Kev you tried Goldeneye Yet?

Just to answer one question

3. Zelda may work if something is done about the memory limitation. Something like virtual memory (but much much betteR) will be implemented

DCEmu Newbie

umm...wat do u mean by virtual memory? and how would it be implemented?

PSP Coder

Sorry wally. You did but sniper finaly gave me the proof that it was worth checking (by turning 4k eeprom games to 16k eeproms, if I did not see that this caused a 1:1 effect, I would have not checked more).

Anyways a few thing. I am not in need of testers at the moment. Sorry, when I get close to release I will start giving builds out to some of you guys that are here on my forums (but please dear god dont bug me for it).

At the moment the only official people who get builds are Sniper, Wally, Eva8 (of psp forums, btw its a man), & a moderater from psp-hacks (mods are kewl there, admins suck balls). Sniper & wally do general testing to see whats up, Eva does compatibility list and the mod form psp-hacks was more just to have a trusted person on another site verify my emulator.

Now on to other things, I will get a build out as soon as enough gfx issues are cleared up so we can actualy play mario kart & starfox with out much problems (its hard to see atm). As well I want to get 2d stuff fixed. Once this is done a build is going up (maybe be a few weeks but will be in may). So it's comming.

I will eventualy suport all save states before the next official build. With that said, flash & sram are not handled the same way eeprom is. Flash & sram are done via PI transfers, Eeprom is done via Pif emulation via the controller bus. eeprom is more strict and required a message return, Flash & sram do not, just a simple interupt. So as is games that do flash & sram work just fine. Mempak is not an issue as games check first if one exsist and I am purposly forcing that the controller port is empty (no rumble or mempak).

So speaking of sram games. I gave smash bros a quick test. It sadly does not work yet its not that bad. The game does not work yes since I do not emulate the required microcode (F3DEX2). So when added it should show up something. I would implement F3DEX2 now but its much more complex then F3DEX (starfox/mario kart) or Fast3D (super mario).

One last thing, I plan to spend a little time this weekend checking out more on the fast3d microcode. Mario & waverace crash when using fast3d yet run then hang when using F3DEX. Mario is supost to use fast3d & waverace uses a modified Fast3D called Fast3DEx. So hopefuly I can find the bug and get thies going.

Well thats all for now. Hopefuly Sniper will find us some more stuff tomorrow.

yay magnificent closure now i can sleep i knew you would answer my ssb crisis

keep up the good work

Sounds good to me. Everyone cannot possibly ask anymore questions can they?

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information