Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Daedalus PSP (N64 emu)

Hunters is DS.
    Prime echoes is GameCube.

SMASH BROS. does not work yet

Daedalus PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by JmanUmmKay
    IF we .zip the roms up will it make it run slower and which pc emu did u port it from?
    If anything zipping the roms will be slightly faster (it's probably quicker to read compressed data from the MS and decompress on the fly than it is to read the uncompressed data). At the moment it only affects the loading time - once the rom is loaded the memory stick isn't accessed at all.

It's a port of an emulator I wrote back around 1999-2001!

AMAZING do u think smash bros will work?

ok im on 2.6 fw i get the suspious hrd path message wen i boot it up then it goes to the emu menu then i load my rom [havestmoon64] and it crashes. does it crash bc my rom dont work on the emu or does the emu not work on 2.6 fw if ne1 can help please do but neway this is still awsome

lol, almost everything in the first level of mario 64 is entirely white

Default W.....t......f?

Holy Jehosapheth!! I saw this and immediately thought it was either a really bad prank or PSP Monkey finally got it toghether.... This is ground breaking news for me...I'm trying out some games right now...Thanks for the amazing work man, and I'm really looking forward to the next update.... Kudos!

Daedalus PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    ok so we need V.64 roms zipped for it too work....cool good to know now my questions thanx in advance

1 do you intend on sticking this out untill its full speed and more compatable or leaving this to others?

2 how long will it be or is it even possible for this too run in USER MODE for PSP compatability from vs 1.0 - 2.6 like M64??

3MOST IMPORTANT TO ME DO you have any intentions of using some team work with psmonkey too acheve a coomon goal faster? as i know he is always open for ideas and he is a genuineley gr8 guy!!!

4 when can we expect a release with the dynamic recompiler done...will this take a long period of time.

thanks in advanced gr8 job so far ...i hope you get a chance to get to these questions ill be sure to flip back here from monkeys pen to check on this ...again amazing job for a first release!!
    Hiya, some good questions here.

1. I always intend to support things I release, but in the past I've often found that work commitments can get in the way. That's one of the reasons I've released the source on sourceforge, as it means people can keep working on the emulator in my absence.

2. I'm looking at this right now, with the help of 71M (he has a lot more PSP experience than me). I don't know how long this will take, but it is a priority.

3. I think this would be a good thing. He's been in touch so we'll see what happens.

4. I really don't know about this. I'd say at least a month. I need to look at streaming the rom in on-demand first, in order to free up enough memory for the dynamic recompilation to work.

This is amazing! I wonder if PSmonkey feels bad. He was the only one working on this projeKt and now I'll bet he's bummed out. Esp since this one does more than his so far... w/e these guys should definitely work together. this is unbelieveable! The ONLY thing I'm waiting for is Goldeneye. I LOVE that game! and to play it on the PSP - OMG!!!

Mortal Kombat Trilogy runs slower than Super Mario 64, but it only goes up to the caracter select screen. I'm checking MK 4 right now...

Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread Information