Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been beaten but not out!

PSmonkey we need some feedback lol... keep us updated on what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR
    There is a Gameboy emulator for N64

All PSmonkey really needs to do is look at the graphics code from this emu. I think once that code is in place, we will have a really good emu taking form
    My thoughts exactly

I luv PSmonkey's emu, and all its missing is the gfx, but I think itll turn out better in the end beign hardcoded for the PSP, then again, this new emu is being ported from his own PC emu, so he knows all the code already and jnows what he can change too work for the PSp, so tis like he is hardcoded for the PSP.

The only reason he beat you to the punch monkey is cuz he had a head start, hes been coding his emu for the PC for a while, and it was prolly pretty easy for him to port his onw code to another platform

UR STILL IN THIS RACE!! I still back you up all the way PSmonkey!!

Well, I just got back from playing level 1 on Super Mario 64 on it (Yes, the ENTIRE level, well, the first star anyway.) It took me about 30 minutes from the time I booted up the ROM to when I got the star. Quite simply, I was impressed.

One thing that struck me as odd is that when I first started the game, everything looked absolutely right except for Mario. As I got further into the game though, textures got more and more screwed up. For example, as soon as you go into the first painting, everything is white (well, almost everything). I began to think that the textures started to look worse, but I payed no heed. After a few minutes, the sky had smilies, and mario had signs as a face. Well, after I fought the first boss (you could only tell it was him because you could see the crown and mustache), and it took me back to the castle, EVERYTHING was screwed up. The ground had grass, the walls had letters and numbers and faces, and when I went outside it was even worse. you could still tell what everything was, only the textures were screwed up.

I would have taken screenshots, but whenever I enter debug mode and press square, it says that a screenshot will be taken upon next resume, and then it freezes up, and I have to restart my PSP. If anyone can help me figure that out, I will gladly take screens.

I'll post this on his forums as well, just in case he didn't know about this issue, although I'm sure he probably does.

I have the same problem with the screenshots.

So do I

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

What firmware are you guys on?

Ya, I think we should stick with M64 as at least its more compatible and runs faster in INTERPRETER MODE . It will be a lot better thats one thing you can count on

Well of course I'm gonna still support Monkey. What I'm saying is that I support them both equally, since they're both working toward a common goal that everyone wants.

Btw, has anyone tried Zelda yet? It says in the file in the emulator that it's playable O_o"

And I know this sounds really retarded, but I'm thinking of trying to get through ALL of SM64 on my PSP. I'm on 2.6, so it's gonna have to stay constantly on or I'll have to start over. But I'm worried that leaving it on for a few days straight, even if it's plugged in, will **** it up pretty badly, so I probably won't.

=\

Both Zelda's aren't playable due to the fact there too big.

yep, roms over 8 MB wont work in this release...

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information