Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been beaten but not out!

DCEmu Newbie

Even though it might look like you were beaten to the punch, it really is the other way around.

I highly urge you to capitalize on this opertunity to bring two (obvious, powerhouse coders together).

Not saying that Monkey64 isn't worthy, but a collaberation could help develop the N64 in directions that neither one of you could have thought of individually.

Ideally providing an absolutly amazing N64 emulator. Let us know if you guys start working together.

This would be great for both of you, so you could take breaks without worrying about delays.

Also a little off topic but a question that I've been thinking about for a bit now.

Is there a GBA emulator for the N64, or by the time the GBA was out was it pointless for an emulator for an older system?

PS: I like the deadmonkey idea.

-Chris

Please don't abandon your emulator (I doubt you will, though)...Daedalus doesn't work on 2.0+, and I am extremely uncomfortable with downgrading.

At the same time, I don't see many advantages to working together...it's not like PSMonkey can just port over the dynarec or something; if he did, then it would defeat the purpose of starting from scratch if you ask me. The only good I can see in terms of this helping PSMonkey is that maybe the creator of the emulator will have some insight regarding texture/HLE issues.

If I'm wrong, by all means correct me--but I am definitely seeing a future with two parallel N64 emus and not one big project.

I still think PSmoneys emu seems better quality... since deadlus or w/e has a slow frame rate while monkey doesnt even use a dynamic recompiler and hes getting a similar frame rate... anyhow i still FULLY support u monkey, so dont give up.

And i would love for you 2, to join... that would be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by drquack02
    Is there a GBA emulator for the N64, or by the time the GBA was out was it pointless for an emulator for an older system?

PS: I like the deadmonkey idea.

-Chris
    There is a Gameboy emulator for N64

Quote Originally Posted by MonoLoco
    Please don't abandon your emulator (I doubt you will, though)...Daedalus doesn't work on 2.0+, and I am extremely uncomfortable with downgrading.

At the same time, I don't see many advantages to working together...it's not like PSMonkey can just port over the dynarec or something; if he did, then it would defeat the purpose of starting from scratch if you ask me. The only good I can see in terms of this helping PSMonkey is that maybe the creator of the emulator will have some insight regarding texture/HLE issues.

If I'm wrong, by all means correct me--but I am definitely seeing a future with two parallel N64 emus and not one big project.
    All PSmonkey really needs to do is look at the graphics code from this emu. I think once that code is in place, we will have a really good emu taking form

i think you could both kinda help each other. you could see how this daeleus(whatever) emulator works and try improve it aswell as adding your work to it from your emu... just an idea

I just want an emu in user mode...I have 2.0 but I will never downgrade, even for this. I use far too much AAC and make far too much use of the web browser for that.

If they work together and keep it in user mode then great, but I think working separately and occasionally helping each other will turn out much better.

I see much higher potential in M64 due to that it is being coded from scratch. Don't give up

I smell a really good N64 emu taking place.

DCEmu Rookie

well, i really dont know about what emu is better... Monkey is giving us too much news, and I know that if they work together they will figure speed and compatibilty the fast way!

Well, what really is different on monkey 64 emu is that textures are not working ok yet, but I dont know, maybe in sometime we can see it 90% working, with speed (dynarec) and stuff...

I will be waiting.

guys this is great news even for PSmonkey. If they could combine their emus together im sure they could make something great. Even if they dont, they could still help eachother out and make both of them better. All you 2.00+ users dont lose any sleep, Psmonkey is pretty set on supporting you guys. but 1.5 is the best enviorment for an n64 emu.

p.s.: hopefully this guy can help monkey get textures and mario working in the very soon future.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information