Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carnegie Mellon Students Develop New NES Games

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Carnegie Mellon Students Develop New NES Games

Spotted this news over at Slashdot Games [br][br] Students at Carnegie Mellon University who took the student-led course 98-026: Game Development for the 8-bit NES have finished up their ROMs and made them available for download. Most of these ROMs were developed using NBASIC, which was written by their instructor, Bob Rost. These are some of the first new NES games developed in years, and best of all, the ROMs are legal! You can get the games and learn about the NES (and the software tools developed for this class) at the course web page. You can even start developing your own games! [br][br]Try out these great new Nes games with your favourite Nes Dreamcast emulator.

Default Re: Carnegie Mellon Students Develop New NES Games

Heck, I might need to check out NBASIC

[quote author=Storminator16 link=board=news;num=1084835746;start=0#1 date=05/18/04 at 01:54:22]Heck, I might need to check out NBASIC [/quote]I was thinking the same thing. If NBasic compiles Mapper 0 games, I might just have to do some e-Readin'. :P

Dream Coder

!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to Carnegie Mellon: SCS next year!!! I hope this class is still being offered!

EDIT: Better yet: "Game Development for the 128-bit Sega Dreamcast" hehe must start that!
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Not a bad newspost eh :P

Hype! I played most of those games, and it seems a bit awesome Too bad we don't have a butt load of 2d games for the DC. Anyhoot, the moves those guys posses in "Night Of The Lee High Slayer" would have made for a more interesting rom if it was more complete...would have beaten Mighty Final Fight by a country mile.

DCEvolution will include them for the WIP NesterDC PD Rom Compilation!

Yes, I am the DCEvo Police! Step back! There is nothing to see here

Great news that is!

I've came across a playable Demo for Sack Of Flour some time ago! It looked fantastic!

I am excited to get them all and check them with NesterDC
    It's like xmas + birthday in one!

If I had just continued the NesterDC stuff I might have come across this, recently I was searching for PD ROMs for my beloved Sega Master System....

[glow=red,2,300]*searches very hard*[/glow]
    That's a very sad task, especially when you on the other hand have GBA Homebrew or you come across things like this

DCEmu Rookie

Some of these games are alright, at least they are trying. sack of flour and heart of gold is a joke though. come on! if I was learning on the NES the game would feature a demon with claws and wings featuring blood dripping from its mouth. I am glad they are learning over there that is great . but when I played the sack of flouer game, I nearly pissed my self from laughter LOL.

[quote author=DemoniusX link=board=news;num=1084835746;start=0#7 date=05/19/04 at 08:07:35]Some of these games are alright, at least they are trying. sack of flour and heart of gold is a joke though. come on! if I was learning on the NES the game would feature a demon with claws and wings featuring blood dripping from its mouth. I am glad they are learning over there that is great . but when I played the sack of flouer game, I nearly pissed my self from laughter LOL.
    [/quote]Originality in games is lost on the youth.

Dream Coder

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=news;num=1084835746;start=0#8 date=05/19/04 at 08:48:58]
    Originality in games is lost on the youth.[/quote]
    Innocence is lost on the calloused.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information