Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compiling MAME4ALL for Dreamcast with DCDev R2 ISO

DCEmu Newbie

Default Compiling MAME4ALL for Dreamcast with DCDev R2 ISO

I need a bit of help with the subject...
    I installed the DCDev environment with the ISO with no problems.
    I then extracted MAME4ALL to my home folder in c:/cygwin/home/user/mame4all
    Then renamed makefile.dc to makefile and typed make. This is what it shows up:

User@Laptop /home/user/mame
    $ make
    kos-c++ -c src/mame.cpp -o src/mame.o
    In file included from src/sdl/gp2x_mame.h:13,
    from src/driver.h:15,
    from src/mame.cpp:1:
    src/sdl/minimal.h:23:17: SDL.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from src/sdl/gp2x_mame.h:13,
    from src/driver.h:15,
    from src/mame.cpp:1:
    src/sdl/minimal.h:72: error: expected init-declarator before '*' token
    src/sdl/minimal.h:72: error: expected `,' or `;' before '*' token
    src/mame.cpp: In function `int updatescreen()':
    src/mame.cpp:385: error: `SDL_Delay' undeclared (first use this function)
    src/mame.cpp:385: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for e
    ach function it appears in.)
    make: *** [src/mame.o] Error 1

$

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or point me in the right direction?

I also tried compiling the GP2X version by renaming makefile.gp2x to makefile. This is what it shows up this time:

$ make
    arm-linux-g++ -mcpu=arm920 -mtune=arm920t -msoft-float -mstructure-size-boundar
    y=8 -DGP2X -IE:/tmp/franxis/devkitGP2X/sysroot/usr/include -O3 -DDATA_PREFIX=\"d
    ata/\" -DROM_PREFIX=\"example\" -O3 -fstrict-aliasing -fexpensive-optimizations
    -falign-functions -fweb -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -fi
    nline -finline-functions -fno-builtin -fno-common -Isrc -Isrc/gp2x -DLSB_FIRST -
    DSIGNED_SAMPLES -DACORN -DINLINE="static __inline__" -Isrc/z80 -Isrc/m6502 -Isrc
    /m6809 -Isrc/i86 -Isrc/tms34010 -Isrc/tms9900 -DUSE_Z80_GP -DNO_DRIVER_GENERIC_
    8BIT -DNO_DRIVER_TMS -DUSE_M68000_GP -DUSE_CYCLONE -DNO_DRIVER_TMNT -DNO_DRIVER_
    SYSTEM16 -DUSE_M6809_GP -DUSE_M6502_GP -DNO_DRIVER_CPS1 -DUSE_I8039_GP -DUSE_I80
    85_GP -DNO_DRIVER_NEOGEO -DUSE_YM2151_GP -DUSE_YM2XXX_GP -DUSE_AY8910_GP -DUSE_A
    DPCM_GP -DUSE_OKIM6295_GP -DUSE_MSM5205_GP -DMITSHM -DGP2X_SDLWRAPPER_NODOUBLEBU
    FFER -DNO_Z80_BIG_FLAGS_ARRAY -DNO_SPLASH -DUSE_CPLUS -DSND_CHANNELS_REDUCTION -
    DFAME_N_ENTRIES=64 -DUNZIP_SUPPORT -DZLIB -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -DHAVE_STRINGS_H '-DACC
    EPT_SIZE_T=int' -c -o src/mame.o src/mame.cpp
    /bin/sh: arm-linux-g++: command not found
    make: *** [src/mame.o] Error 127

$

I'm fighting with devkitGP2X this time. I changed the makefile so it says DEVKIT=/home/user/devkitGP2X/
    But it still doesn't find arm-linux-g++.
    Any clues?

TIA

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, got the devkitGP2X part sorted out, now it compiles well but fails when linking the objects with loads of errors, for example:
    ym3812.cpp.text+0x14): undefined reference to `gp2x_malloc(unsigned long)'
    ym3812.cpp.text+0x2c8): undefined reference to `gp2x_malloc(unsigned long)'
    Those are only two... it scrolls like 20 pages with errors like such, and no mame_gp2x.gpe is generated. Any advise? What am I missing to get it linked?

Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

All those errors I got were when trying to build MAME4ALL sources. I tried compiling the ones by Franxis and they compiled and linked at the first try without any errors. Tried running it on my GP2X and it worked like a charm, so there is something wrong with the makefile from the MAME4ALL sources I guess.
    Now I need to get it building for the DC and I'll be more than happy.

Thanks!!

Marton

I believe MAME4ALL uses chui port of SDL. The ISO contains beros SDL port.

Dream Coder

chui modifies kos and has his own version of sdl. for the most part anything he releases is un-compilable without major work.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Newbie

May I know why is that?
    Maybe chui could release the parts that need to be replaced from the ISO to have it compiling? Or any directions on how to do it?

Thanks for the replies!!

Marton

nothing to do if you dont download chui's SDL lib.

Make sure the #include <SDL.h> is #include <SDL/SDL.h>

Cheers
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    chui modifies kos and has his own version of sdl. for the most part anything he releases is un-compilable without major work.
    I've had some problems compiling UAE4ALL. I think Chui must have some extra environment settings. I *think* Chui's Makefiles expect the CFLAGS variable to contain the KOS CFLAGS, but I could be wrong.

Looking at marton's post this doesn't look right:

kos-c++ -c src/mame.cpp -o src/mame.o

I would expect a loooong line with loads of optimisation flags etc.

P.S. Marton, you don''t need to rename the makefiles. You can just call it like this:

make -f makefile.gp2x
    or:
    make -f makefile.dc

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the tip Ron!!!! I was missing that part!! The SDL lib from chui!!
    Where do I need to modify that about SDL.h? because in the makefile one of the MORE_CFLAGS options shows -I$(KOS_BASE)/addons/include/SDL and that's where SDL.h is. Do I need to change it anyway?
    The thing is... without modifying anything, I got it compiling and got the 3.7mb .bin file. Tried burning it, and the DC shows the sega selfboot logo but it resets after a while. If I burn the .bin downloadable from chui's site, the menu shows up well. I don't know what could be wrong at this point...

Dream Coder

noggin, gcc simply doesn't show the optimization flags on every line. it shows all the flaags once when linking.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information