Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 & Xbox 360 Screens 'Impossible To Tell Apart'

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3 & Xbox 360 Screens 'Impossible To Tell Apart'

Via IGN:

IGN: What is it like to program and design the game for Xbox 360 versus the PlayStation 3? We're not looking to start a blood war here. We're more interested in what it's like to program for each, and what each one's strengths and weaknesses seem to be? Also, how do you foresee the two versions differing in the final product visually, gameplay-wise, sound wise?

Magnus Högdahl: The PS3 will have a content size advantage with blu-ray and a CPU advantage for titles that are able to utilize a lot of the SPUs. The Xbox360 has a slight GPU advantage and its general purpose triple-core CPU is relatively easy to utilize compared to SPUs. I expect that it will be near impossible to tell Xbox360 and PS3 screenshots apart.

I love it whens Sony's hype falls apart

DCEmu Regular

there also very few ps3 devkit available yet.

and most of the games at e3 this year will be really running on pc or just plain video...there will be very few actual ps3 game on the show.

Hello:

Despite what many people in the industry will tell, THERE IS DIFFERENCE between the two consoles.

Just take our memories back to the time of Saturn vs PlayStation. Both machines features a 32-bit CPU, same RAM and same CD-ROM speed. And both machines works differently. If you can compare the same game develop for both units you will notice the difference.

Let's compare now the Dreamcast vs PS2. Both has a 128-bit CPU, different GPUs and SPUs. Here the comparissons are more noticeable, as both machines has different capabilities, advantages and limitations. But one thing is sure. Even today, Dreamcast produces much better graphics and sound than PS2. Just look at similar games for both consoles. The best example I can tell is Space Channel 5. On the PS2 version, you can see that the characters look very pixelated, no smoothness and terrible loading time. On the DC, however is the other way around. Sega did create the best console available for the new millenium.

Let's go now to X360 vs PS3. Now you will see different CPUs and SPUs. Altough X360 uses an ATI and PS3 an nVidia, both GPUs works very similar and has very similar capabilities and limitations. The real comparison on both consoles will be determined by GFX as well as loading times during play, ease-of-use of the devkits and programming for developers, technical support for the console makers and time constraints in releasing the final product. When PS3 screens and videos will be available, is up to us now to check the differences and judge who will be the best console.

ps2 has no anti aliasing but runs faster, fact, take one of the greatest games ever;REZ
    dreamcast slower but smoother

i still have many doubts about the november release of ps3, but at least it will be a true hd console
    xbox 360 still uses normal dvds, WTF most games are about 6gb

The PS3 will be waaaay bettah. Just look at microsoft's rep. Plus, I read on another site last wk that this kid who worked at Wal-Mart, takes returns all the time b/c the cd lens (eye) burns out all the time. I have faith in Sony for this produKt seeing as we've all heard or read the specs on it. Blue ray disc technology? that's gonna kick arse.

Blu-Ray in a game console is so very overated. 9gb (dual-layer DVD) is plenty for a good game. With Blu-Ray not only will the games and systems cost a LOT more but developers could get very sloppy with all that extra space. As for sony having less problems with the PS3 than Microsoft has with the 360 you better keep dreaming. Does anyone remember the PS2 launch? it was worse than the 360's. As for console reliablity all I have to say is the dreaded "Disc Read Error". People are on ther 4th and 5th PS2's right now. Sony is sure saying alot of bad things about the 360 when they did even worse with the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooe14
    Blu-Ray in a game console is so very overated. 9gb (dual-layer DVD) is plenty for a good game. With Blu-Ray not only will the games and systems cost a LOT more but developers could get very sloppy with all that extra space. As for sony having less problems with the PS3 than Microsoft has with the 360 you better keep dreaming. Does anyone remember the PS2 launch? it was worse than the 360's. As for console reliablity all I have to say is the dreaded "Disc Read Error". People are on ther 4th and 5th PS2's right now. Sony is sure saying alot of bad things about the 360 when they did even worse with the PS2.
    Overrated? People on their 4th and 5th ps2?
    What the heck are you talking about? Iv had my Ps2 for 5 years, and I have had very few problems with it. As for blu-ray, its gonna be really cool. Just think, More HD features in 1 disk. And sony never said that the xbox 360 sux or anything like that, so get your facts straight before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by BALL_SAC
    Overrated? People on their 4th and 5th ps2?
    What the heck are you talking about? Iv had my Ps2 for 5 years, and I have had very few problems with it. As for blu-ray, its gonna be really cool. Just think, More HD features in 1 disk. And sony never said that the xbox 360 sux or anything like that, so get your facts straight before you post.
    Sony has said plenty off bad things about the Xbox 360 and its launch and hardware failures. As for people on there 4th and 5th PS2's not ever one is going to have a problem but there were a TON. I personaly know mulitiple people that have gone through 3 or more PS2's and look around (internet) it was pretty wide-spread. What do you mean by "more HD features"? All that really means is more HD cut-scene's considering that all the Xbox 360 games are done entirely in HD not bits and pieces as you seem to be thinking, so the only other "HD" thing they can add is more cut-scenes.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cooe14
    As for people on there 4th and 5th PS2's not ever one is going to have a problem but there were a TON. I personaly know mulitiple people that have gone through 3 or more PS2's and look around (internet) it was pretty wide-spread.
    Well if people would take care of their systems they wouldn't need 3 or 4 ps2's. I seriously doubt someone would have to return even 3 faulty one's in a row. If they do then that's the worst luck I've ever seen. Anyways the percentage of faulty systems during a launch always gets blown way out of proportion. Maybe couple hundred out of 10,000 is not that bad. Stuff can happen on an assembly line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information