Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More N64 Emulators!

Default More N64 Emulators!

After Daedalus's successfull port hopefully there will be more! An interesting one would be to port over Corn. Most of you will remember how fast it was on extremely slow PC's, imagine what it could do on a PSP!

Project 64 would be a great emulator to port as well.

Theres no hope of porting project 64 you crazy man!!!! then again there wasnt any hope of home brew on 1.5 about ayear ago...

Well corn sounds good, But can you run corn with 8MB of RAM? post the requirements!

It's probably just as possible as daedalus's was...

It should be possible to port one of the earlyer versions of PJ64

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

This is my post from Emutalk.net. Wonder if it is possible. It would solve the Ram issue.

StrmnNrmn & PSMonkey Collaboration?

Hi there StrmnNrmn And PSMonkey. First of all let me say how astounded i have been by the recent progress on both your emulators. Secondly let me say how much i (and many others) appreciate all the time and effort you both have put in your work.

What i would like to know is : Have you (StrmnNrmn) and PSMonkey officially joined forces to work on Daedalus and Monkey64? If you have that would be great. The future looks bright!

PS - Great job getting the larger roms to work. Unbelieveable.....

I also have a idea/sugestion for both of you.
    On a PC (as you both know) you can use some of the hard-drive space as if it were RAM (aka virtual memory)

My idea was, could this be done on the PSP? By using space on the memory card as RAM?? I imagine if this could be done it would solve all sorts of problems for you guys (Slow framerate, Memory issue's) And if you had a 2GB memory stick you could use 1GB of it for RAM and the other 1GB for N64 games.

DCEmu Rookie

A corn port would be just as impossible as zsnes. Optimized X86 asm. Project 64 is one of the slowest emulators. It makes that up with compatibility. If you ask me, monkey working on his own emulator from scratch + daedalus, ported by its creator, is enough emulators for now.

Good point. I know this is off topic but could one of you guys help me with this :
    have noticed some people with only like 20 posts have names like n64 player or nds gamer under there display names.

I have had a good look and cannot change mine. I don't want to be stuck with DCEmu Newbie due to the fact im not one! help me please!

At least one major hurdle is out of the way now, with being able to load big roms.

Go to your User C Panel, and click on user groups (or something like that, the link is near the bottom on the left), then chose what you want, then after that go to the bottom of that page and you will see the user groups you have joined, then click the one you want under your name and presto! you now have a new title under your name

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by RedKing14CA
    Theres no hope of porting project 64 you crazy man!!!! then again there wasnt any hope of home brew on 1.5 about ayear ago...

Well corn sounds good, But can you run corn with 8MB of RAM? post the requirements!

It's probably just as possible as daedalus's was...
    doesnt it have 32MB ram, and 4MB video ram ?
    and 24MB that is actually usable because of the PSP OS.

Thanks Shilo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information