Thread: WTF?! Baito Hell 2000 renamed for US

Blog Entries

psp WTF?! Baito Hell 2000 renamed for US

News Via PSPFanboy

For those individuals who think sailors don't live up to their reputation enough, "WTF" is about as common in their vocabulary as "the". Our less profane readers, however, will find that WTF is finally about as easy to pronounce as "Golly shucks, Grandma! Can I have another piece of apple pie? I love them ever so much!" The mini-game centric title Baito Hell 2000, a game that had originally gotten some flak for looking like a knock-off of WarioWare but evolved into something far more demented, will get a name change when it hits the US this year. Now called Work Time Fun, IGN's preview reveals that the game will feature, in addition to the core set of mini-games, a collection of "tools" (ramen timer, anyone?), more than 40 additional unlockable mini-games, and ad-hoc multiplayer.

The challenge we forsee will be in how the game will be localized to make it palatable to non-Japanese gamers. Then again, it's not like we really care so long as we have a blast, right?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot would have worked.....

or even Why The F*ck? oh, it's not the "Why" they're concerned with, it's the "F*ck". Thank goodness for politically correct ppl, the FCC and all the right wingers....

DCEmu Rookie

They probably wanted to use Byte Hell 2000, which is what a lot of English speakers already casually call it, but I'm guessing Wal-Mart balked at having "Hell" in the title. Damn it sucks to live in a country run by Wal-Mart.

Well, I guess giving it a name with the initials of WTF is as good a try as any for getting it on store shelves while still maintaining a semblance of an edge.

why not just change it to heck? lol too much like feck?

Thread Information