Thread: Vonage prepping VoIP solutions for DS and PSP?

Blog Entries

psp Vonage prepping VoIP solutions for DS and PSP?

Via Engadget

Although neither device has a true VoIP option yet, UK tech site T3 is reporting that "a source close to...Vonage" (i.e. a friend of a friend of a friend) has confirmed that the VoIP provider is developing WiFi calling solutions for both the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS. We've known for awhile that both systems were capable of implementing the ol' VoIP, but other than a random blog musing we reported on last year, this is the first indication we've seen of a major player making moves in this direction. Even for a rumor, the details here are pretty thin, such as how Vonage plans to actually implement VoIP in the disparate devices -- the possibilities include a firmware update for the PSP, and either DSpeak-like software or an Opera-like cartridge for the DS -- or even a hint of when we can expect to see any products come to market. As you might expect, Vonage itself declined to comment on the matter when contacted by T3.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Awsome news im suprised noone in the homebrew community has taken on this challenge.Or is it to ig a job for one man/team to implement ?? hope to see it soon.

DCEmu Newbie

I agree. I wish someone in the homebrew commnity would have at least attempted this earlier, but this is awesome news. Maybe someone will make a free version of this once it is out.

Thread Information