Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doom Legacy update

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe a mp3 file player, like Gl quake for PSP, but in case that kgsws have time, or maybe ha can liberate de code for other people.

DCEmu Newbie

So currently, there is no Doom port for the PSP which supports music?!

Sucks...

Any plans to add it in the future?

Also, I'm still secretly hoping for a Shadow Warrior port and a Duke Nukem 3d update so it supports custom grps...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx1337 View Post
    So currently, there is no Doom port for the PSP which supports music?!
    No, that's not true. Doom v1.3, by Chilly Willy, supports music. I have it on my slim. Unfortunately, it does not support hardware rendering, and so it does not look nearly as good as Doom Legacy. The resolution also seems lower, although I'm not sure that's true.

Doom Legacy is by far the best looking version of Doom available for the PSP and it has the best GUI. It would be nice if it had music, but what I really is miss is the map feature. On some of the larger Doom SP levels it is easy to get lost and never find the exit--with the map you know where you are and you know which areas you haven't been too. Doom v1.3 has the map, along with the music ...

So sadly, you have to choose between lesser graphics, but music and the map, or much better graphics, but no music and no map. IMO Doom Legacy would be the perfect port, if it just had the map, but I'm going to stick with it, because it plays perfectly smooth and looks so much better than the other ports. It also works really well with mod/wad files, and the fact that it will play Heretic is just awesome.
    Last edited by jamesrh; September 11th, 2009 at 19:37.

DCEmu Newbie

Damn...

Here's to hoping it gets fully updated with working music in the future!

DCEmu Newbie

Default multiplayer doesnt work

Outstanding job. I have psp doom .06 and multiplayer works.

However with this legacy doom version, when I try to create a server it says 'error starting wlan'. If I try turning off the wlan switch it says 'turn on wlan switch first'. Also I noticed the only menu option I can change is 'allow join player' which doesnt seem to help either. (I have two phat psps, 4.01 m33-2 firmware, game runs in either game 150 or game directory)

I love multiplayer but it doesnt work in legacy doom, is there a fix?

I just downloaded this port and gave it a go. This is the prettiest and best psp doom I have ever played.
    I'm so happy I can remap the buttons how I like, among the many other options included. This is a smooth port, and the analog sensitivity is perfect. Thanks for your hard work!

Only glitch I've seen is the very first map using the official doom2.wad. The first room's left wall is see-through.
    I haven't seen any other problems.

Thanks again, I love this! I can't wait to show off how great this is!

Please keep up the wonderful work!

- Bender

DCEmu Newbie

Is there support for "Strife" in this?

DCEmu Newbie

I just want to say that PSP Leagacy is the best port for all the Doom games. The only flaws with it is no map and no music which I hope that will be included on a third update soon hopefully. I have also found that some custom wads like Knee Deep in Phobos and Goldeneye, do work. Others don't work either by crashing the psp or freezing. Recently, I've been making my own Doom levels for Doom 2 on Doom Builder 2, they load like regular. The problem is that if I make a door, it would open in regular Doom for PC but for when I put it on PSP Legacy, the door doesn't open for some reason no matter how many times I press the button. The same goes for the lifts. I know Doom Builder 2 isn't your field but can anyone tell me what I have to do on PSP Legacy, because it is a problem on PSP Legacy. Anyone else has this problem?

DCEmu Newbie

I have updated this port, but wanted to get kgsws's permission before posting it. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of him?

have you tried to pm him?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information