Thread: Nintendo Classic Reborn: Most Wanted NDS Highlight New Super Mario Bros

Blog Entries

NDS Nintendo Classic Reborn: Most Wanted NDS Highlight New Super Mario Bros

Article from Lik Sang

One noodle doesn't make a spaghetti dish. Non-authentic Italian sayings aside, Nintendo sure had all their ravioli together when revisiting one of the greatest 2D platformers that ever brought Jump'n Run bliss to gamers: Super Mario Bros. More than 20 years after its initial release, the series returns in all its glory to the Nintendo DS: revamped, reimagined and visually all-new: as Princess Peach got snatched away by Bowser and Mushroom Kingdom's equivalent of Mini-Me, Bowser Jr., only the Mario Bros. can rescue the royal cutie from her evil captors. Run, jump and stomp your way through diverse, bubble-gum-colored environments and challenges extreme, visiting new worlds, using new power-ups and sporting new moves! Grab a Mega Mushroom and grow to incredible proportions or smash through your enemies in a blue Koopa shell. Wireless Multiplayer and Touch Screen goodies (e.g. a huge number of minigames) inclusive. It's the first new 2D Mario platformer since Super Mario World has arrived, and boy, we are so ready for its upcoming release on May 15.

Preorders for New Super Mario Bros. on NDS are welcome for only US$ 44.90 (shipped!). The good thing is that, thanks to the region-free capability of the Nintendo DS, New Super Mario Bros. will work on any NDS system, wherever you might have originally bought it. That holds true for all Nintendo DS games. Importing couldn't be easier.

New Worlds to explore...

Valentine's day romance sure was ruined, as Princess Peach needs a rescue once more. Beautiful 2D backdrops await, as you platform through raging volcanoes, to tropical islands and over snowcapped peaks. The Mushroom Kingdom never was dressed up prettier. There are eight all-new worlds in New Super Mario Bros., each filled with extra levels, hidden paths and secrets galore. While it's possible to complete the game without visiting every world, you'll be faced with tracking down many alternate exits to get to see every nook and cranny in this adorable title. Developers at Nintendo have kept with the look and play of the original Super Mario Bros., with hidden coin rooms down in specific green pipes for example. Visually, 3D characters (which mean much smoother animation) are put in front of the 2D environments. Here, the lively scenery really plays out: moving and tilting platforms, swinging ropes etc. All has a very coherent brilliance to it, a perfect blend of traditional level design with an up-to-date graphical overhaul

Check out the videos and more at Lik Sang

I love 2d mario, in my opinion it's way better than 3d, same goes for sonic. This is definately on my to buy list.

When does it come out in the US? Cuz when it comes out (or if its already out) I'm gona buy the New Super Mario Bros. and Super Princess Peach! I'm so happy to see that Nintendo went back to Mario's old 2-D roots This is gona bring back so many fond memorys of me and my NES (and so many bad ones such as that stupid blinking light arhrahhrhahrar ). What in the world am I saying? I still play my NES, those anr't memorys!!!!

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Thread Information