Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 39 - Have You Ever Modded Your Consoles ?

DCEmu Newbie

Aside from tearing apart all my consoles to see what made them tick, I've had my Sega Saturn modded for import games, installed the backlight kit on two GBAs, attempted to mod my GameCube, and softmodded my two PSPs. The GC survived, but now it's missing a tiny chip (doh!) that didn't seem to hinder its operation.

After the local game store here lost my Saturn somehow (first generation US Saturn, those bastards), I no longer entrust others with my console modding needs.

EDIT: wow... just noticed how long I've been lurking here. haha

I received a half-broken PS2 from a friend, it wouldn't read any discs. I decided to try to fix it, so I opened it up.

Because this PS2 (30001) was older than mine (50001/N), I didn't know the Power/Eject buttons were attached to the case, so I accidentally ripped the ribbon cable out of the board and the blue strip that keeps it stiff got caught on the bottom part of the case and ripped off , after performing open-laser surgery on the disc drive I decided to fix the ribbon cable by scotch-taping the blue strip back on (yes, I said scotch tape!), and to my surprise, it worked just fine! I still have that PS2, and it still works

I don't know if you'd count this as modding, but I was surprised it still works

Hello:

In my case, I only did one hardware mod. A friend's Xbox 1. He bought one of those solderless chips. I install it, program it, and test it before everything goes well after several weeks trying. But I prefer softmod. Much safer in the soldering perspective.

All of mine are softmods, PS2,PSP,Xbox Original, but i tried a modchip on a xbox original as well, didnt turn out well.

Funny you should ask, my transistor blew out on my 360 for the fans. So ima just wire the fans to the disk drive and draw the 12v power. Makes the 360 a bit louder but its an extra 360 that I occasionally use so it wont bug me.

I stick to Softmodding for the most part. I did put a fliptop case on my PS2 Phat and used it + swapmagic to install FreeMCBoot on a memcard.

I "FlashMe" patched my DS phat's firmware back when you had to run NDS homebrew from slot-2.

I also replaced a broken LCD screen on a PSP phat, but that's just a repair, not a mod.

I modded an old Xbox controller into a PC gamepad.

Nothing spectacular.

DCEmu Newbie

modding consoles are great fun!

Here's something you don't see everyday: my fully tricked out Sega Genesis Nomad. Hell, it's hard to find one period nowadays

http://www.flickr.com/photos/binolee...7606461762040/

Ok, this one's not a console (still video game related), but I'm still very proud of it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/binolee...7622053902751/

DCEmu Newbie

Psp-custom firmware.
    NDS-Flash cart.
    360-DVD firmware.
    PS2-Chip.
    Wii-Chip with chip-clip, red LEDs in remote and nunchuck.
    Atari2600-Composite A\V mod.
    XBOX-Paint,USB,LED case jewel,chip.
    DC-Paint,port indicator LEDs.
    And a slew of misc repairs.
    I love modding

Modded my PSX, Saturn, and Xbox. The PSX was your standard soldered chip. I had two Saturns; a rev 1 and a rev 2. I soldered jumper wires to the door switch on the rev 1 to use the swap trick, and chipped my rev b. I soldered a Duo-X chip to my Xbox (19 wires....phew) and installed a 120 Gb hard drive to it. I've since sold all of them off.

I've never done a hard mod before only softmods.

First console I ever modded was my original xbox. I did it the soft modding way involving hot swapping the hard drive. The only other console I have modded is my Wii which I used the Zelda Twilight Princess exploit for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information