Thread: $2500 Homemade Jetpack Will Either Get You Laid or Kill You

Hybrid View

Nottingham, England
    Blog Entries
    Forum $2500 Homemade Jetpack Will Either Get You Laid or Kill You

Looking to live fast and quite possibly die young? Got $2500 burning a hole in your pocket? Do I have a potentially badass obituary for you!

This homemade jetpack is being sold by some dude in Canada via a classified ad. How reputable!

Jet Pack Jumps You 10' in the Air

Handcrafted by myself Using Car and Airplane parts. I spent 15 years as a mechanic. Can Use for 2 High Jumps 10 feet in the air with a safe landing before overheating, takes about an hour to cool down after that.

weighs 53lbs, approx Camping backback in size , dull grey in color.

serious buyers only can test out on my property and of course watch me first for safety reasons and training.

OK, let's break this down. Pros: it's a jetpack, it's very somewhat affordable, it looks cool. Cons: it might explode on your back, it only allows for 2 jumps per hour, may toss you into the side of a building.

I'll be honest, I would have thought I'd be a solid "no" on this. But part of me (the dumber part) is tempted.

Seinan Eikoku
    Blog Entries

Jet Packs haven't been revolutionised properly as of yet, the maximum you can spend in the air before the fuel burns is very limited... I think that the person who buys that, would have to be interested in taking the design further, maybe finding a way to use less fuel during flight/lift.

Thread Information