Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP: SNES9xTYL 0.4 source code stolen and official version released

I am beyond impressed, that is all.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Emeriastone
    this isn't as fast as uosnes9x

Edit: yeah, definitely, way slower.

the GUI is cool, but it comes down to the fact that this is an emulator. Spend more time working on the emulation and less on your GUI. Things may work out better for you in the end.

I'm switching straight back to my old one (my faster one).
    what the ..

I am VERY picky on frame rates and TYL 0.4me is more than 150% faster than uosnes9x

MMX1 - 3 work full speed for me 60FPS

there is like a couple spots and boss fights where it dips down but for 99% of the game it is 60fps

the uosnes9x was slow on everything.. even Super Mario World it couldn't pull 60fps .. tyl 0.4me pulls 60fps on basically every game except for like 3, those being SMRPG, Star Fox and Kirby

I agree with you about the windows thing, but x86 porocesor is also much faster than a mips processor, so it's a trade off.

as for the speed thing they may be able to get a couple frames here and there , but not noticable enough. The only way there going to get more performace that's going to be noticable enough is if the right emu from the ground up completly in assembly. which would take for ever. However i don't want to burst anybody bubbles so we will just have to wait and see and hopefully i'm wrong

Squidler, that's not a comparison that can be made. For a PC to run an emulator it is usually done in Windows, a very bloated OS. Windows 98 uses approx 45-70MB of RAM when loaded (depending on optional content), Windows ME uses 55-85MB and Windows XP uses 130-170MB. And those are JUST windows, there's still all the other software that runs on top (the emulator itself, your anti-virus software, camera software, IMs). At time of writing this I have 390MB used running only Windows, IE, Trend-Micro's PC-Cillin and Webroots Spy Sweeper. Ok, there's a few other proggies, but they're making up less than 4MB. All of that stuff running subtracts from processing power too. The PSP has 333MHz CPU, and it's OS is only 8MB. It also has a highly adaptive CPU, ME and GPU. To say that this emu is optimized to the max is making a very bold statement. Unless you're part of a development team for Sony sanctioned software on the PSP there's no way to make such a claim. There's always something that can be done. A huge step has been taken to use the ME, I believe the next step will be to offload more onto the GPU, after that cleaning up the core CPU stuff would be nice (but probably not necessary).

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by John Vattic
    sorry for the double post but:

he put a frekin game genie in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my new favorite emu!!!!!!!!!!
    Game genie is for n00bs man!

Thumbs up Im confused

So is the 2.0+ version improved too?
    Or what ?
    Byw im very pleased to see another release of this awsome emu

DCEmu Newbie

omg this is freaking awesome yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay thank you soo much for your hard work !!!!!! ^.^

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by samthegreat68
    Game genie is for n00bs man!

have you ever beaten Maximum Carnage without cheat codes. that's like the only game on snes that i can't finish.

btw, incredible update. the new menu is awesome, the speed increase with sound is great. almost all games work perfectly without sound but most games are now enjoyable with sound. great job. and thanx for the game genie.

also, as an example of how much better the media engine version is, i tested aladdin with both. it runs at 60fps on both without sound. With sound it runs at about 40fps on the media version and at about 21-24 fps on the regular.

once again, tremendous job. i can't try the netplay yet because i don't know anyone with a psp, but it sounds great.

This emulator is great... but I have to say i dislike the new GUI...

awesome Emulator!

however, I have already noticed a bug, When I just downloaded it, I tryed to open "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" which worked on s9xtylme .3 and it went through the liquid crystal drip and crystal re-formation screen, and then a little blue box with the number 5 poped up, and the whole system froze.. just thought I'd point that out..

other then that, freekin awesome emulator! Mario RPG is almost playable

I'll post again if I find any more bugs

Thumbs up Im haveing lots of problems.

Im on a 2.0 psp

It seems the only way to pull up the congif menu is when a rom is loaded. and when i change things it only applies to that rom. Not to mention it almost always crashes when I do change settings.

But thats perfectly fine.
    I really like this emu and hope its bugs get worked out

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information