Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another NetHack Release - v1.0d with Keyboard Interface

psp Yet Another NetHack Release - v1.0d with Keyboard Interface

"NetHack is a roguelike [RPG] computer game originally released in 1987 [...]

The player takes the part of a dungeon-delving hero in search of the Amulet of Yendor. The quest spans more than 50 levels, most of which are randomly created. Each level contains monsters, weaponry, magical items, hidden doors and much more."

As promised, this game is now fully playable on the PSP!

Fixed since 1.0c :
    • Keyboard interface for text prompts (Wishing, naming items, etc.)
    • Fixed the bug of headers that would interfeer in the item selection dialog
    • Added a way to go back up a menu when you've highlighted the last item (and vice versa)
    • Correctly fixed to always select first item in a menu if no default is found (was buggy in some cases)
    • Splitted the context menu in two columns and added many more commands
    • Enabled #enhancing your skills
    • Fixed Diagonal movements, added some buttons to facilitate things.
    • You can now apply something to yourself or in any direction you might want to.
    • You can now apply an Orb (crystal ball), it will now bring out the soft-keyboard to select a single character.
    • Enabled engraving with your fingers
    • Enabled analog stick for scrolling pop-ups that are too big for display

More to come :
    • Help menu item selection -> Add a "Select all" / "Unselect All" / "Invert Selection" keys
    • Remove the perm_lock feature, as it can cause problems on the PSP when crashing
    • A contextual menu for the 'Inventory' screen
    • Disable calling the context menu more than once.
    • Reenable the top-ten listing when dying or quitting
    • Enable Nethack Sounds.
    • A PSP Specific menu, to get the time, battery charge, etc.
    • Enable custom key mapping (thanks Glynnder and Genki)
    • Display the damage made by the player (default to off, thanks Genki)
    • Internet high score server and bones servers - Maybe (thanks Genki)
    • Mp3 player built in. It gets pretty quiet when playing nethack for hours on end. (thanks Genki and many others)
    • Enable PSP help (thanks Megalodon)
    • Any other suggestions?

Credits
    Nethack 3.4.3 (PSP-1.0c)
    Based on glHack by Andrew Apted
    Ported to the PSP by VirtuaMUnstaz
    Taken up by IveGotThePawa

See license for terms and conditions of use.

For the latest updates, button configuration, help,
    screenshots and feedback. visit our site :

http://pspnethack.zapto.org/

Thanks

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    Pawa
    Get the latest of PSP NetHack here

DCEmu Newbie

Sweet! I've been waiting for this. Thanks for the hard work

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkbot
    Sweet! I've been waiting for this. Thanks for the hard work
    Well its been my pleasure. I'm really having fun. Can't wait to dig deeper into the code and add a MP3 player into it.

Thanks
    Pawa

Default Yet another tileset

It seems I've been posting on an abandoned thread, so here's my adoption on the abigabi tileset for PSP in this post also:

I've now checked and double checked. The tileset is now 100% correct. To use instead of the original tileset do as follows:

Save this image to your PSP games NetHack folder and rename/replace it with the existing file gltile16.png.

That's it!

Revisions since the previous:
    Added Ixoth, shades, ghosts, corrected Cyclops. Some monsters were wrong, as were some of the robes, boots, potions, traps and weapons. Nothing big there, and nothing that ruins gameplay. I've made all floors black. A very light shade on the corridors is added. Magic tools are now magic. Other unmentionable tweaks here and there. Have fun!

The colors are RGB, millions. For a more crisp display use the 256 color version below.

Quote Originally Posted by gnazzah
    I've now checked and double checked. The tileset is now 100% correct.
    Amazing!

You're one hell of an artist!

Pawa

P.S. Do you mind if I post it on my website too? I'm sure some gamers from other sites than DCEMU (shame on them) will like to get there hands on it too!
    Pawa

Default Thanks, but...

Well. This is not at all not my work alone! Far from it! The originals (as far as I know) are to be found at darkarts. I could not find anyone to give credit to there or anywhere else. Some few modifications are mine, but those are not more than 1%. Idea, producion and everything else is not mine to take cred for. So it feels wrong also to give permission, or deny it, to someone who wish to do anything with this gem. Other than link back to where the source is found. Hopefully someone emerges to be saluted. The work is beautiful and needs some worshipping.

DCEmu Newbie

Finally finished! I had to reduce the tiles because the port uses the tiles in gltile16.png (you don't need the other two files, actually). All monsters are supposed to be correct, all major ones are anyway (correct here is meaning both accurate towards the game characters and towards the original tileset abigabi). I've had to fill in some blanks where the original tilset has some monsters not included in the game or the abigabi one. I also did a redesign or modification on some monsters, like the golems, that I felt wasn't 100% in the original. Some places I had to guess which tiles went where, so towards the original I might miss a few shots, but in context everything should be in order. This especially applies to wand zaps, but also walls in Gehennom and such. Please test and let me know how to improve this. Replace the gltile16.png with this and you're done.

PS: It would be great if the 32x32 tiles could be used instead...
    Um...Hell yeah the 32x32 tiles could be used! even 64x64!

It's all on the old nethack thread, But I'll repost it here anyway...

You wouldnt know of any good tiles with monsters instead of letters though, would you?

I love the tileset by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by IveGotThePawa
    Try setting a new options in the .nethackrc file

OPTIONS=tile_height:16
    OPTIONS=tile_height:32

or

OPTIONS=tile_height:64

depending on the file you want to use (gltile16.png, gltile32.png, gltile64.png)

It seems to work for me!

Pawa

OH, And Hey, Pawa, About the internet bones files server, it's already been done, By a nice litle prgram called hearse. I'm sure if you check it out, They might be able to help you understand it better...
    http://hearse.krollmark.com/
    It's a very nifty little system...

and in terms of the internet acess...I think the libarary netlib could handle that (it's a library for the psp that someone made).

And as for the mp3, I think they have an opensource library for that on the psp, I can look around if you want...

I'd really love to help, Is there anyway I could, other than the feedback?

Default The biggy version

Tried the OPTIONS=tile_height:32 and it works like a charm. A bit on the hazy side orientational wise, but looks good. Really good! You could always use the ascii-mode (TOP LEFT-TOP RIGHT-Select) for a mini map. Hey! What about a real mini map insted? One that floats in a corner all along? You hear Pawa? Anyways. This is for the near-sighted of the lot of you. I'm linking this due to the rather heavy file. Good luck:

32x32 pixels wide abigabi revised tileset

You wouldnt know of any good tiles with monsters instead of letters though, would you?
    Nope. And the reason is that that's nearly impossible. There are around 400 unique monsters and characters in NetHack. To make all those stand out and be distinguashable (and good-looking) is too much a job for most amateurs to do. The character/font/colour/stash type of tiles is in my opinion the nearest you'll ever get a playable and beautiful experience in NetHack. Learn to live with it. Or make some tiles yourself. You could start here ...

A quick suggestion: Move the function 'previous message' to the Start button menu and replace it with 'repeat last action'. It's quite tedious to kick in doors, quaff a lot of potions etc.

DCEmu Newbie

A quick suggestion: Move the function 'previous message' to the Start button menu and replace it with 'repeat last action'. It's quite tedious to kick in doors, quaff a lot of potions etc.
    Agreed! A very good idea!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information