Thread: Final Fantasy XIII triple whammy!

Blog Entries

ps3 Final Fantasy XIII triple whammy!

Via CVG

Square Enix has announced a triple helping of Final Fantasy XIII for RPG addicts at its E3 press conference, with PS3 and next gen mobile phones both getting a dose of the next incarnation of the acclaimed RPG series.

The main deal is Final Fantasy XIII set to debut on the PS3 and it's set in a futuristic sci-fi universe. The trailer on show at the conference featured an amazing mix of real time and cgi footage - and in the words of our erstwhile reporter, it looked "absolutely stunning" with it being sometimes hard to distinguish between the CGI and in-game sections.

Next up is Final Fantasy Agito XIII coming for next gen mobile phones, obviously drawing strongly on Square's splendid RPG heritage but bringing the adventure to a whole new mobile generation.

Lastly Square unveiled Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PS3 and in the words of our man in the know, it featured the most impressive trailer of all being constructed by the Advent Children team. Versus is being developed by the guys who did Kingdom Hearts in conjunction with Square.

All three games form part of Square's Project Fabula Nova Crystallis, a similar cross platform concept based on the Final Fantasy VII model.

Mobile phones but no psp? *sniff

DCEmu Rookie

Dang. I hope the PS3 gets a HUGE price drop so I can pick one up and have another console next to my future Wii.

guess ps3 is better at least i dont have too wible about loosing homebrew for my fav series

Thread Information