Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: The most expensive console in the world!

Blog Entries

ps3 Opinion: The most expensive console in the world!

Via CVG

If you winced in disbelief at the 289 GBP price of an Xbox 360, you'll be shocked beyond all reason when you visit your local GAME in November...

410 GBP for a games console? Then there's the broadband fees to get online, the additional pads and the HD TV to make your games look nice. Your girlfriend certainly won't understand why you cancelled the holiday and spent a small fortune on a shiny black box instead of that week in Venice...

It's clear from the outset that PS3 is set to be the Rolls Royce of games consoles, offering better performance (and a higher price) than any other console to be launched in the UK. But have Sony gone a step too far? Nintendo Wii is due to launch this year at a price which is expected to be around the 150 GBP mark, which makes it less than half the price of a PlayStation 3. Then there's the Xbox 360 to consider. A core system costs just 209 GBP and that's before the inevitable price drop to combat the PlayStation 3 launch in November.

What do you think? Are you saving already? Let us know your thoughts and you could see them appearing here over the next few days...

I aint saving cuz im getting it from my parents i already ordered it xD cant wait...

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Via CVG
    It's clear from the outset that PS3 is set to be the Rolls Royce of games consoles, offering better performance (and a higher price) than any other console to be launched in the UK.

This is the opinion part right?

I won' t buy, not until after a year or two anyway, i am happy with my 360 and all the devs are saying that screens are gonna be comparible so why pay 200 extra dollars again?

why £410 i worked it out as £322 from the dollars, so i reckon £350 plus two games = £450. hmm. how much for an extra controller? plus a HD-TV erm £1000 = £1500 estimate
    right
    im going to uni in september and i will definately get one, what else are all the loans and grants for?
    and yes there is a huge chance it will get stolen, trampled during drunken fit, etc

one reason
    Metal Gear Solid 4!!!

way to expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gona get a cheap little ol' Wii

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

DCEmu Newbie

accordian boy.. 410 only for the console...

Regular math doesn't work ;D

Default Wellllllllllllllllllllllll

Gotta say you're wrong cause there was one console that costed 800 dollars and was crap and probably one of the biggest dissapointment in history : the virtual boy from nintendo.

$800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a Virtual Boy?????????????? Wait, the VB wasn't released in the UK, or was it? LOL I bought a Virtual Boy for $25 with 3 games!!!!!!!

BTW I know this is off topic, but I think the Virtual Boy is great!!!!!!!!!! So what if it gives you headaches and makes you sick, that is half the fun !

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

This is wayyyyy too expensive and I think Sony took a step too far on this one.....I mean the fact that I have to pay at least a $100 more just for compatibility with memory card duos and others is pissing me off.

P.S. they totally ripped off Nintendo on the motion sensor on they're controller(Also what happened to that boomerang design)

Well when the virtual boy was first released in America it cost 800 dollars but it got lowered quickly , you should be able to buy one these days for about 10 bucks at ebay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information