Thread: iPod Touch Third Generation: Now Up to 64GB

Blog Entries

ipod iPod Touch Third Generation: Now Up to 64GB

As expected, the iPod touch third generation is here. It comes in 16, 32, and 64 GB—for $199, $299, and $399. The new 32 and 64GB version has a faster processor, 50% faster. Just like the iPhone 3GS. Also like the iPhone 3GS, the graphics processor in the new iPod touch has OpenGL ES 2.0 capability. No wonder they are pushing so much on the gaming front.

No sight of the rumored camera. A lot of case manufacturers are going to spend a lot of time fixing holes.

http://gizmodo.com/5355633/ipod-touc...now-up-to-64gb

I think apples got some surprise coming up this Christmas season. Yet I'm not going to call that the 3rd Gen Ipod Touch because no one would make that many cases with out a good reason.

Unfortunetly the 8gb verson wont feature upgraded spec (graphics).

This is some really $#@! decisions from Apple, especially since ZUNE HD is just around the corner.
    Last edited by masterpaul; September 10th, 2009 at 03:09.

Yeah I know it's lame apple trying to suck more money and even during this bad economy. What is apple trying to do?

Also with this kind of stragegy i would say apple may dominate for gaming market for mazimimum 3 years.

After people who play games will be sick of buying a new hardware every year, just to be up to date (with the latest spec).

Apple needs to stop upgrading the spec in the next ipod. And use the same spcification for 3-5 years. This way there well be higher quality games, and more people willing to buy and iphone/touch for games.

Yeah a camera and a mic add on to it with that price and the speed update would make sense but to me thats a rip off. I'm glad I got mine for even lower than what they moved the price down to. I got my Ipod Touch 2G for 179.99 what a disappointment.

Thread Information