Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mythical Downgrader

Blog Entries

psp The Mythical Downgrader

Via Fanjita:

We've been hearing a lot of rumours and questions about downgraders recently. It seems that someone has been spreading a rumour that we have made a downgrader for v2.01+, but won't release it because we don't like downgraders. We'd like to just set the record straight, because it's getting annoying.

We would never hold back on an interesting hack for the PSP, without good reason. That's because, generally, we'd never work on something that we didn't think was safe to release - which is why we've never bothered to mess about with ISO loading.

We do have an unreleased downgrader for v2.0. The only reason it is unreleased is because there's no point - there are already perfectly functional downgraders for v2.0, that have been tested by tens of thousands of people, so what's the use of releasing something that's only been tested by one? In theory, that v2.0 downgrader would also work for v2.01 - in fact, it was originally written for 2.01, in the hope that we could use the GTA exploit to downgrade. But as we all know, the GTA exploit is no use for that, and so no v2.01+ downgrader is possible yet.

The only thing I can think of that might have fuelled these rumours is that we were experimenting with the v2.0 downgrader along with the UPDATE-mode discovery, but we found that that also does not have write access to flash0, so can't be used for a downgrader.

Also, some people seem to think that we're in some way opposed to downgraders, in the same way that we're opposed to ISO loaders. That's just not true - we believe that everyone has the right to upgrade and downgrade as they please (but at their own risk). If we found a way to downgrade, you can be sure that we'd share it.

Anyway, enough of the conspiracy rumours - please stop!

DCEmu Newbie

hummmmmmmm fanjita

Some people can be just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't belive they would think that you all are against downgraders when there is one on the front page!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Ditlew, Fanjita would never lead me astray. They have my trust for now and always. Rumors don't work on me.

isn't the guys at PSP3D who pretend to have a WIP downgrader? Anyway, It may sound selfish but i don't care, people should just stop upgrading their firmware thats all... And if something pop out, then you can start asking question... Oh well, just another rumour.. We are getting use to it, aren't we

whoever started the rumor is a mega ŇǾǾ|3 !!!!
    xD

and theres no truth in the "omg fanjita is mad @ 2.70 so hes going to make iso loader" rumor. (THE RUMOR IS A L!3)

sigh. we deal with all these stupid kids and their alpha numeric slang all day.. "OMG DONKEY64" this OMG DOWNGRADER!" that. you know their is a place you retarded kids can go.. Its called hell > and if that place is too full, you can always go leave user messages on pspupdates.. please dont bother us though. thanks!

oh my god i go to pspupdates,nooooo!,but only once in a while though

I deleted it from my bookmarks a few month ago, when I open my eyes

I don't care about any rumors. Fanjita & Ditlew have established themselves as key contributors to the PSP scene and their work will never be forgotten and always be appreciated.

Thank you for the 1000th time Fanjita & Ditlew for everything.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information