Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories for the PSP

Blog Entries

psp Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories for the PSP

Press release:

Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. Developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories will be available exclusively on the PSP system in North America on October 17th, 2006 and Europe on October 20th, 2006.

"The success of Liberty City Stories on the PSP system was nothing short of spectacular," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games and Executive Producer. "The incredible PSP system technology allowed us to do things we never thought possible on a handheld system and we are excited to once again give our audience a fresh experience in one of their favorite locales in the Grand Theft Auto series, Vice City. With Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories we look to once again smash expectations of portable gaming, bringing an all new story and exciting new gameplay elements to this classic setting.”

"Our collaboration with Rockstar Leeds has been a tremendous experience," said Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North. "Together we have been able to create uncompromising experiences on the PSP system that not only stay true to our initial vision for the series but that surpasses our own goals of what could be done on a handheld. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories will thrill longtime fans and excite new PSP system gamers like never before.”

"We are proud of what we were able to achieve with Rockstar North on Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories," said Gordon Hall, President of Rockstar Leeds. "By staying true to the high standards of the series and surpassing fans’ expectations for a Grand Theft Auto title on a portable machine we feel confident that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories will redefine what handheld gaming is capable of with the most intense PSP system experience yet.”

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is a new game in the Grand Theft Auto series with an entirely new storyline, new missions and gameplay that brings an unprecedented experience to mobile gaming. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories features the interactive, open environment of Vice City with professional voice talent, a diverse soundtrack and high production values that have become trademarks of this landmark series.

yeah it'll excite new psp owners cos they will leave another hole in the game for hackers

homebrew or GTA: Vice City Stories? Damn, that's gonna be a tough call. I should get my new motherboard soon. Then I can once again have two PSPs working. One for homebrew and one for upgrades.

DCEmu Newbie

I Wonder If They Will Make A Sanandreas Version For Psp (most Probably Will)

theyll make anything that they know will make money so probly

nice i want it ^^"

MAN ROCKSTAR is BUNK! they cant make a nother Real Gta eddition so they gotta be gayybees and remake there old ones SHAME ON YOU!!

rockstar is in for a rude awakning....lol
    i love gta 2.....but i sure as hell wuld not give up all my homebrew or the REMOTE chance even....that i may have a nice n64 emu to go with these awsome new wi-fi adhoc emulators poping up all over the scene....i think that rockstar has under estimated how many people but gta JUST TO PLAY HOMEBREW ON 4 OF THE 7 FIRMEWARES........
    ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK SOUNDS LIKE A GR8 GAME I WONT BOTHER TO PURCHASE UNTILL 3.0 .....TOO BAD YOUR MAKING A MISTAKE SONY....YOUR LOOSING THE WAR U STARTED......WILL IS STRONG FORCE AS THE HOMEBRW SCENE PROOVES!
    as for another hole in VICE CITY PSP....dont count on that...as much as that would most def.. rule...we would have to tear the iso apart to do it...like eddison carter di with GTALCS....andfrom what i gather at his site he has no intention of doing this again....lets not jump the gun right?

SOORY TO DOUBLE POST BUT THIS MAY INTEREST YOU AND IT IS ON TOPIC

ALL MY OWN PREDICTIONS BUT..

fanjita and ditlew have a exploit waiting to be unleashed..however if we know ne hing about these clever chaps itsthat timig is key in these matters ....do you rallythink that any SMRT person in therright mind would bother to cack a firmewar and waste a good explot for 2.7 when its only REAL features ancient flash!! if you read the context clus i think it kinda says it all...JUST WAIT FOR 3.0

copy and paste from fanjita web site

We have no idea when homebrew will be available on v2.7. We need a whole new exploit, which could take some time. In our opinion (shared with EdisonCarter) there is no future for the GTA exploit on v2.7.
    LocoRoco is an encrypted, signed EBOOT. The only way to run homebrew in the same way is to get Sony's encryption key and sign the homebrew. That's not going to be possible in our lifetime.
    There could well be an exploit to be found in all the new function, e.g. flash player, AAC support, etc. We're not actively working on one. "YEAH OK"
    There might be an exploit to be found in another game. We're not actively working on one.
    There's no truth in the rumour that v2.7 has made us angry, and that we're going to work on an ISO loader as revenge.
    The LocoRoco demo REQUIRES v2.70, even if you hack the PARAM.SFO in the EBOOT. It's pretty cool (some one likes a challange huh?), but there's homebrew that's cooler.

THE IMPORTANT PART

Once again, the most important point: If you don't think that slow support for an old version of Macromedia Flash, and support for the very latest games, is worth trading for homebrew for the next few months - then DO NOT UPGRADE.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

PSP User

I thought they said there was going to be a whole new game??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information