Via Joystiq

At first glance, this portable platformer shares an uncanny resemblance to the PS2 iteration. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters takes advantage of the PSP's power very well. There were a few little nuances that stood out, but considering it was only a demo, it still means good things for platforming fans on Sony's portable.

At first, the PlayStation Portable that I tried out was loading the game so slow that the tech guy told me to check another one because he thought there must have been something wrong with the console. So I took a different spot and gave it a try.

One of the first things I noticed was the load time... again. The PSP isn't famous for lightning fast loading periods though, and considering some titles we've seen, this issue was quite negligible. The graphics were very good for the portable system. However the demo that I got my hands on didn't convey any other sort of innovation to the series. As far as bringing the look and feel of Ratchet and Clank to mobile gamers, Size Matters does a good job of that.

If you're hankering for a solid platformer on the PSP, here's your game.