Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSone emu-getting the roms!

Post PSone emu-getting the roms!

Ok, everyone all knows that we're going to have to "pay" for the roms when we download them or whatnot and that sony is probably going to assign there own unique code to these roms.

Easier way to do this? It depends on how generous people are. If there "files" i'm sure someone thats really cool and nice will upload all the important ones such as

FF VII
    FF VII
    Tony Hawk 2
    Chrono Cross
    Metal Gear: Solid etc etc

think that this would be possible? I sure hope so. I wouldnt mind updating one of my psp's for free psone emulation!

However, for all you people who aren't fortunate to have 2 psp's i'd stay at 1.50 or 2.00 because you never know when a kickass emulator for psone (or N64) is going to be finalized. (Like we saw with Daedulus completely unexpected) 1.50 forever people! so if you cant get your psone $#@! for free I wouldnt even debate it!

DCEmu Regular

I doubt this plan would work, and for a very good reason:

Odds are, Sony's going to make you download the games directly to your PSP, either from the PSP browser of via USB cable with your PSP attached to your PC. Your PSP has a MAC assigned to it, a number unique to your PSP and yours alone. It's most likely that Sony will use this to identify the PSP that the game is allowed to play in, so uploading the files would basically be useless.

As you may recall, Sony is already doing these things with their for-pay download video service. The movie files are locked into a certain PSP, and there's just no way around that.

DCEmu Regular

...how many time will they going to try to sell us the same old game??? i ve already pay for the game i like on the ps1...i own the game box, cd ,booklet...so why i would have to pay again to play the same game...

sony miss the point...emulation should be free.!!!.

F U sony i won t update...

We all already know that Sony likes to rip everyone off....
    *Looks at PS3 controller....enough said.

DCEmu Regular

.. O_o If you don't want to update or play the games, why do you care? I don't see why peolpe post about it if they're not going to be involved. I don't like the idea of updating, but if they have any games I really want to play, I'll do it.

How do they know you already paid for it? See what i'm saying it comes down to two things Sony rips us off or people rip them off. So they have to put a price tag. its just away for them to make money. Their a buisiness and thats what buisness do make as much money as they can. Plus even tho you have to pay for games you might own its not going to be as expensive as a psp games are. I think they said it would be anywhere from 10 Dollars to 15. But knowing sony it will realisticaly be 20 - 30. Personaly i like the sony console and games but the company in my opinion is to gready. The only company that is remotaly not going to rip you. Is Nintendo. Personaly i like all of them Xbox, Nintendo and Playstation. As for sony's controler thats funny they took nintendo idea lol. But i really don't mind it if makes the game play better thats fine with me lol.

jman has a good point...

hmm i doubt that the files will be accessable through usb connecting

(ps.. ps1=iso cartridges=roms

Ya but who knows maby someone will figure a way around it. I mean sony wasn't expecting homebrew on there console lol.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, there is a lot of Sony hate in the Sony forums.

kaiser i don't think people hate sony but people are fursterated because sony really rips people off sometimes. Unlike Nintendo they are more a reasonable company out to make money, yes. but not as gready as sony and i think people wish sony were less about the money and more about the consumer. But like i said earler if sony gives people in general an inch they take a mile. no what i mean? It comes down to two things Sony rips us off or people rip them off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information