Thread: changing the default options on UO Gpsp kai

DCEmu Newbie

Default changing the default options on UO Gpsp kai

hey guys,

I got the latest version of this as 0.9 of exo's version glitches alot in golden sun, whereas kai's build seems to fix alot of them. however, there is one feature about this emulator which i can't get my head around - i want to be able to set frameskip to 2 and backup to automatic on all of my games by default, rather than having to change it for all of them individually. the backup one is incredibly frustrating. there doesn't seem to be any config file which i can manually edit to achieve this, and i was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on this.

this is mainly for my less than tech saavy brother who would normally forget to change it every single time, then wonder why none of his games were saving, it would be a shame to have to switch back to 0.8 of exophase's emulator just to get 1 or 2 games to work while missing out on the rest of his fixes.

thanks guys

EDIT: i just realised exophase tends to read these threads, so if you have any suggestions for how to resolve some of the glitches that occured in the update from 0.8 to 0.9 that would be even better, thanks
    Last edited by Khorney; September 15th, 2009 at 00:46.

If you're using the Kai version, don't expect help from Exo - he has legitimate reasons to not offer help with those versions as they are 3rd party mods that for the most part are just Interface changes. I wish you luck, as I still cannot find a single version of any GBA emu that won't lock up on me playing either golden sun. I always hard lock while getting the djinni in the lighthouse.

DCEmu Newbie

i was asking whether he had any fixes for his version, not the kai, understandably he shouldn't be troubleshooting other peoples work =P

yeah, just got to the mercury djinn, and unfortunately the game is locking up again - i was hopeful because the kai version didn't crash at the conversation with garet at the start of the game like 0.9, but didn't seem to fix anything else. i'll try 0.8, failing that VBA on the PC. this thread is more or less redundant as a result, however, thanks anyway

DCEmu Newbie

hmm, very strange, the bug seems very specifically tied to mercury djinn which are captured through battle - the ones that join you freely have no problems at all, and other types of dijnn work fine

anyway, i've still had no luck changing the default options of kai (which i've decided to stick with for the moment) but there'snothing obvious in the readme's that suggest how to change them. any ideas?

DCEmu Coder

These bugs are probably because of changes I made to the memory interface in 0.9 that I fixed shortly after but never released. Then those fixes were included in the source for the GP2X version that got released later, and these changes and others were backported into the unofficial releases (guess who takes credit..?)

I'm probably not going to be able to help you guys regardless of which version you use so you'd probably better use the version you like ;p Or someone could try another release altogether..

The way config files should work is that there should be a global fallback config and per-game configs, and the fallback is used any time there's no per-game config made. There should also be a separate global config for options that don't make sense per-game, like most recently opened directory. This is how I did it for Temper but I'm sure gpSP didn't really get it right first. As for what Takka did, I have no idea, except for that he changed whatever he felt like changing ;P

By the way, despite my sig I'm not going to be working on gpSP anymore. I don't want to change it though, because what I'm working on could eventually be about as useful (but I can't say what). Nonetheless, I don't really care what happens to gpSP now, people can feel free to "improve" it as much as they want.. the whole GPL thing was kind of a mistake that I don't feel like trying to rectify.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Thread Information