Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

Quote Originally Posted by AW72 View Post
    hy INDAMAN, i ordered 3 mdgopher and get them last friday. i did exactly what you said, made a folder GAME, put .bin files inside, but it dont worked.
    then i tried it with other games, but also dont work. where is the mistake?????
    so please, how exactly you formatted your sd-card and what sd-card you use.
    What is the size of your SD Card?

By the way Don't make a GAME Folder...

Just format your SD card (2GB Max) (FAT16), I suggest you using Panasonic SD Formater.

Then put your SD card in, and go to the SD card mode, there will be an error, it's normal.

Then go back on your pc and put your games (megadrive .bin games) on the automatically created GAME Folder.
    EDIT: one pictures of the content of my card:

The game folder and the temp file are automatically created..

Little bonus for people who asked: an actual picture of the screen (running sonic3, a non-included game):

Taken with my camera at night, picture quality is actually much better (less yellow).
    Last edited by indaman; November 2nd, 2009 at 20:39.

DCEmu Newbie

INDAMAN it works now!!!!!!!! cool, with the sd-formatter now it runs. thanks !!!
    i wonder, but now it takes the cards with no problem.
    Last edited by AW72; November 2nd, 2009 at 23:27.

DCEmu Newbie

I wonder if this thing can run master system games, seeing how the genesis was backwards compatible with the master system.

DCEmu Newbie

unbelievable this handheld is really GREAT !!!:rofl:
    master-system games seems not to run, i tried sms-files and renamed them to bin but this dont work. the real mega-drive can also only play master-system games with a special hardware-adapter. but we should not expect to much from the mega-drive gopher, because that would be unfair. for such a price, i can only say, that this handheld is really SUPERB. until now i found just about 10 roms which makes some problems and i had hundreds now on my card. my sd-card-menu now goes from side 1 to 24 and i put more on it. i want to see how much it takes, maybe until the end of my sd-card? game-compatibility really is very high, also different rom-versions works without a problem, the gopher plays - usa (ntsc), jap (ntsc/pal) and eu(pal). selfmade roms like "sonic - aluminium edition" also runs!!!
    very good would have been, when it would be possible to stick 2 gophers together and play against each other - but this dont work.
    but this is just a little mistake, the advantages are much more.
    BLEEBLOOP, i also have the former version of this handheld here, in germany it was sold last year under the name of millennium. it looked similar, had also 20 games on it, but has only 3 buttons, batteries and no sd-card-slot. the whole console and especially the screen is smaller and screen-resolution is not as good as from the gopher. nevertheless also the millennium is a good handheld, but the gopher now can much more with the cardslot!!!
    this handheld is really a very good choice to buy, maybe they later also brings a handheld for super-nes, pc-engine, c-64 and amiga games, that would be cool
    Last edited by AW72; November 3rd, 2009 at 01:52.

DCEmu Newbie

i made some pictures that people can see the differences between the "mega drive gopher" and the "mega drive millennium".
    on the other pic runs "castlevania" on my gopher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dsc00055.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	1576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dsc00064.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	225.9 KB 
ID:	1577  
    Last edited by AW72; September 9th, 2011 at 18:59.

DCEmu Newbie

Thats great news. I can see from the photos that the screen on this is slightly bigger than the previous version. Its too bad that i live in brasil, shipping takes 2+ months That aside it looks great
    :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/segautil/gg2md.html

Its a Gamegear to Genesis ROM converter.

Maybe it will work! Nah, probably not, but its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleepbloop View Post
    http://www.zophar.net/utilities/segautil/gg2md.html

Its a Gamegear to Genesis ROM converter.

Maybe it will work! Nah, probably not, but its worth a try.
    Unfortunately it does not work as far as I tried...

Even emulators refuse the files created with this convertor (it actually only add a header to tell very old megadrive flashcards to switch into sms mode).

On the gopher like on emulator, I only get a black screen...

DCEmu Newbie

BLEEPBLOOP, i dont think shipping to brazil will need so long, because iam in germany and delivery-time from hongkong to me was 8 days.
    i dont tried this converter until now, but i will. on the other hand, game-gear games (.gg files) are similar to the mega-drive versions but most times mega-drive versions are better. a converter for master-system games would be better.
    last days i tried many many games until now on my gopher and would say compatibility is about 90 %. that means 90% games runs perfect, from the other 10% the most recognized mistake i found is, that game runs normal but keys dont work (like for example in "fifa soccer 98 and 99"). some games had grafik-errors and "zool" freezes in game. games that dont start at all i had not once until now.
    the steering-pad is not the best, its difficult in fighting-games like "streetfighter 2" to make special-moves. but this problem has not only the gopher. i will try to solve this by twisting a selfmade little joystick on the d-pad. or has anybody an idea where to get a pad-joystick that could be sticked over the pad?
    all in all - iam very happy with this handheld.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AW72 View Post
    BLEEPBLOOP, i dont think shipping to brazil will need so long, because iam in germany and delivery-time from hongkong to me was 8 days.
    i dont tried this converter until now, but i will. on the other hand, game-gear games (.gg files) are similar to the mega-drive versions but most times mega-drive versions are better. a converter for master-system games would be better.
    last days i tried many many games until now on my gopher and would say compatibility is about 90 %. that means 90% games runs perfect, from the other 10% the most recognized mistake i found is, that game runs normal but keys dont work (like for example in "fifa soccer 98 and 99"). some games had grafik-errors and "zool" freezes in game. games that dont start at all i had not once until now.
    the steering-pad is not the best, its difficult in fighting-games like "streetfighter 2" to make special-moves. but this problem has not only the gopher. i will try to solve this by twisting a selfmade little joystick on the d-pad. or has anybody an idea where to get a pad-joystick that could be sticked over the pad?
    all in all - iam very happy with this handheld.
    It not so much shipping, rather customs hold on to it for +30 days before liberating it.
    Even when sent by air mail, it goes +40 days to arrive.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information