Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

I can confirm with headphones you get stereo sound from what i can hear.

If anyone is looking to buy one id suggest ebay they go for about $35 to $50 with postage included
    just type in "Sega Mega Drive Gopher Handheld Video Game Player" Ebay is where i got mine from i've had no problems.

Also for the person that was interested there is a gopher that has Infra Red (wireless) support with Firecore genesis Infra Red controllers which arent released yet. The unit is easily noticed with orange rubber around the back of the unit for extra grip http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad.../md_gopher.htm

Also if you notice picture 2 at the bottom of the handhelds screen it says press C for "IR".

DCEmu Newbie

Whoa, iv been to that website before, but i never noticed THAT, thanks for the tip! thats strange, where would i get some IR controllers?

DCEmu Newbie

I'm pretty sure they arent released yet according to this link.http://knuckleslee.blogspot.com/2009...le-player.html use google translator or yahoo and it says they havent been released as such. I have an old IR genesis controller at home i'll try to see if its compatible i dont like my chances im quite sure the regular version gopher i bought dont have IR support.

Also tectoy have a version of this console called "MD PLAY" i think its a brazilian company they have released two md game cards, basically sd cards with a few games on them not sega originals.

DCEmu Newbie

hm the thing with the wireless controllers could be interesting, but not when you cange the gopher-pad against another pad :rofl: its just interesting changing the gopher-pad against a good joystick. would be superb for fighing-games and such kind of stuff. but i will do it in another way, i ordered some gophers more for some friends now and i will take a second one for me. then i send this to a friend to modd it with a super-nintendo joystick-socket (because on super-nes i have the best sticks and it had also 8 buttons like the mega-drive). he made this with some c64dtv`s before and i think there is a good chance that this will also work with a gopher. then i take this gopher as a station and the other as handheld
    and with the saving - until now - NOW ANSWER to any of my mails from AT@games (producers of the gopher) about save-states and some other of my questions. thats really bad behaviour from them
    i tried many things by my own to get save-games work. make this folder, make that folder, take some srm files from emulators with same name that roms have on the card. but nothing worked.
    so, thats the only real bad thing on the gopher.
    but in all, this handheld is cool.
    Last edited by AW72; November 20th, 2009 at 00:18.

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone explain to me about the "firecore gopher"? That blog is a little confused, because the translator can not translate to right portuguese! But it would be better if you could play with another gopher.

The MD Play is the same as the Gopher, and the MD Cards contain TecToy games (really bad games). People want better games and SEGA games in the MD Cards, but nothing yet.

DCEmu Newbie

AW72

They may not give you the way to save games. Because it is not ethical to other producers. Pirated games are illegal. But if you find a way whitout their help, is not their fault.

DCEmu Newbie

$#@!nzie: The firecore portable player is the same thing as the one sold here, at superufo, with the added funcionality of an IR (infrared) receiver, so you can use wireless mega drive controllers with it, and hooked up to the TV via A/V out. This way you can play with 2 players, instead of just 1. Besides IR and the orange grips on the back, i can see no difference between this and the Firecore portable. So if all you want is a portable mega drive, and already have a genesis or a firecore at home, then this is just fine.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks! The firecore is good if you want to play in TV. It's not my case.

(but if have a way to play with another portable is a good)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by $#@!nzie View Post
    AW72

They may not give you the way to save games. Because it is not ethical to other producers. Pirated games are illegal. But if you find a way whitout their help, is not their fault.
    but they write directly on the internet "DOWNLOAD HUNDREDS OTHER GAMES AND PLAY WITH THE SD-CARD". so i dont know, hoch much they take care about copyright. i think not much, the sd-card says all, and dont forget we talk about china

who plays TECTOY games, when you can play SONIC, COMIX-ZONE, GUNSTAR-HEROES, MEGA-TURRICAN and all that nice stuff ???

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AW72 View Post
    but they write directly on the internet "DOWNLOAD HUNDREDS OTHER GAMES AND PLAY WITH THE SD-CARD". so i dont know, hoch much they take care about copyright. i think not much, the sd-card says all, and dont forget we talk about china

who plays TECTOY games, when you can play SONIC, COMIX-ZONE, GUNSTAR-HEROES, MEGA-TURRICAN and all that nice stuff ???
    Well, they are made in china, but are being licensed in other countries, for example brasil, and its illegal, so they just put up those tectoy games on the cards (they were originally made for the megadrive/genesis, which tectoy launched in brasil) to justify the SD cart slot, since they cant advertise "accepts roms!" on the packaging, they just left it the sneaky buyers to figure the true purpose out. Im pretty sure their gonna launch these in the states, or whatever, since the older version (no SD slot) was licensed by many companies, including AtGames, which is the licensee of this version aswell. (not really, its actually Blaze, but atgames is selling em too) Also, the built-in games are all licensed by Sega, so they must know something about this. Which is another reason why they cant directly tell you that it accepts Roms. Also, everyone else thought they were gonna let you download games from an online service, and onto the SD card. AND, they are making NEW 32-bit games for the AtGames FireCore game console, so they might make new games for this aswell.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information